or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Baghdad wants U.S. to pay $1 billion for damage to city
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baghdad wants U.S. to pay $1 billion for damage to city - Page 2

post #21 of 109

whatever,.... they owe us... its not the other way around.

Retarded....

 

Im so sorry they have all this god dam oil and are asking us for money.. WTF

War is WAR things happen...

post #22 of 109

Ya, nevermind that we went in gun blazings, 'liberated' them, and decimated their infrastructure.  Of course we should pay, except we don't have the money.  And we wasted a lot of that money on bids to corporations who half-assed jobs and projects in Iraq.  

post #23 of 109

Ya, nevermind that we went in gun blazings, 'liberated' them, and decimated their infrastructure.  Of course we should pay, except we don't have the money.  And we wasted a lot of that money on bids to corporations who half-assed jobs and projects in Iraq.  

post #24 of 109

 for the people who dont know, we just dont go in.. blow up everything and leave.  - We have REBUILDING PROGRAMS, .... which we PAY for.

 

I think they would get better construction from the US than having their shitty contractors do it.

post #25 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

 for the people who dont know, we just dont go in.. blow up everything and leave.  - We have REBUILDING PROGRAMS, .... which we PAY for.

 

I think they would get better construction from the US than having their shitty contractors do it.


Bottom line is that there people in Iraq that were not compensated and they have every right to be compensated. Many people in Iraq lost family members and friends along with homes and other valuables from the foreign enemy that invaded their country.

post #26 of 109

Of course we have rebuilding programs--it goes to the friends of the people that created the war.  They then squander it and the infrastructure ends up being subpar, which could have been the same if Iraqi contractors took the jobs. 

post #27 of 109

even though im not american i say they pay usa for taking them out of the stone age 

post #28 of 109

as i said WAR IS WAR,... things happen.. people die. TO assume everyone will not be killed or hurt is not applicable. They had the choice to leave to another region.

Also some of these so called people were taken and killed by iraq citizens. Not to mention  the unreliable nature of reportings and such over that peroid while a country is in crisis.

 

I dont see anyone else on this planet compensating people, nor over history... so therefore let someone else do it 1st then.

We have put billions into IRAQ on rebuilding and given them countless positive things, spent 100 of billions and what do they ask for .. oh its another 1 billion... pfft its out of line and more so money we dont have.  The rebuilding wasnt always the case until the US implemented it after WW2; before that you were just out of luck.

 

What happened with kuwait when iraq invaded, did they complain and ask for things from the foregin army? nope..

You always sure do seem to side with the arab world and the short end of the stick with the US.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post




Bottom line is that there people in Iraq that were not compensated and they have every right to be compensated. Many people in Iraq lost family members and friends along with homes and other valuables from the foreign enemy that invaded their country.

post #29 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post


 



You can read here to educate yourself on the legalities of the Iraq war.

http://www.robincmiller.com/ir-legal.htm

 

Yes, Iraq was illegally attacked and invaded. Invaders are not entitled to restitution money lol.. If an enemy or thief invades your home in the US and you beat him up is he also entitled to restitution money for getting beat up? If a guy is found at fault in a car accident involving two parties do you also have to pay for his car damages as well? lol..



I didn't say they were entitled to restitution money, you said they were:

 

 

Quote:
  If an American soldier was injured in Iraq he gets restitution money

 No, he doesn't get any restitution money.

 

 

If you believe wrongly that the Iraq war was illegal, then you defend your position. I'm not going to "read all about it" from someone else. Surely you're able to support your own position.

post #30 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post




Bottom line is that there people in Iraq that were not compensated and they have every right to be compensated. Many people in Iraq lost family members and friends along with homes and other valuables from the foreign enemy that invaded their country.


You keep invoking "rights" and telling us that these people have rights to our money.

 

Please support your assertion with an argument, rather than more assertions.

 

What right do they have to my money?
 

post #31 of 109


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlandsponger View Post

you need to back away from the socialist websites...

 

maybe you can tell me why there have been ZERO successful cases against Americas (and allies and leaders)? YOU say its "illegal" and just like the rest of your liberal friends....and your opinions are fine, but they are not "the law"...

 

 

 

and then you're going to argue that just because Iraq didn't meet the UNs conditions didn't mean nations could declare "war"...and it goes on and on and on from there.....

 

Is Bush in jail? Is Cheney in jail? Has America been declared guilty?

 

 

keep crying...or move on to your 9/11 was an inside job...or that America is at fault for global warming...the left is ALWAYS looking for ways to take money from Americans to give to the poor nations who deserve everything because they are poor...

 



Let Bush be tried in an International Court for his War Crimes and we will know if he is guilty or not. No reason he should be immune for his crimes. He's basically a murdered who refuses to stand trial in court to be held accountable for all is crimes. If he is then found innocent in court then we will all be wrong. He wanted Saddam to stand trial and be held accountable for for all his crimes so I see no reason why Bush should also not stand or sit in court just like Saddam and the others did to face trial for their crimes. We go out of our way in the the US to extradite people from other countries to the US just so they can be held accountable for their crimes so hopefully one day he will be extradited to face court for what he did to the Iraqi people.

 

Saying he liberated the Iraqi people is like a person robbing a bank and then handing out a little bit of that money to the poor people in that country he robed the bank where he then goes on to say that he robbed the bank to feed the poor people in that country which were suffering from being poor. Whether or not they are poor does not give you the right to go in to a bank,kill the bank employees and steal their money. Robbing the bank and killing their employees is still a crime. If you feel that we should have the right to judge others in other countries then others in other countries should also have the right to judge and try us in their court of laws as well unless you are a bigot or hypocrite.

post #32 of 109

i think the Kurdish people of Halabja would disagree with you.

 

With that said, i 100% absolutley agree with you, you are totally correct.  There was no good reason to enter Iraq; and any one civilian death is an absolute tragedy, mind you the scale of violence the Iraqi's have had to endure.  Real change comes from people uprising against their own government.  It's how this country was founded, and it's what is sweeping across the arab world right now
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post


 



Let Bush be tried in an International Court for his War Crimes and we will know if he is guilty or not. No reason he should be immune for his crimes. He's basically a murdered who refuses to stand trial in court to be held accountable for all is crimes. If he is then found innocent in court then we will all be wrong. He wanted Saddam to stand trial and be held accountable for for all his crimes so I see no reason why Bush should also not stand or sit in court just like Saddam and the others did to face trial for their crimes. We go out of our way in the the US to extradite people from other countries to the US just so they can be held accountable for their crimes so hopefully one day he will be extradited to face court for what he did to the Iraqi people.

 

Saying he liberated the Iraqi people is like a person robbing a bank and then handing out a little bit of that money to the poor people in that country he robed the bank where he then goes on to say that he robbed the bank to feed the poor people in that country which were suffering from being poor. Whether or not they are poor does not give you the right to go in to a bank,kill the bank employees and steal their money. Robbing the bank and killing their employees is still a crime. If you feel that we should have the right to judge others in other countries then others in other countries should also have the right to judge and try us in their court of laws as well unless you are a bigot or hypocrite.

post #33 of 109

 

Quote:
Real change comes from people uprising against their own government.

The logical conclusion to this statement is that there was no real change in slavery in the United States after the Civil War.

 

Clearly, history is not on your side.

post #34 of 109

always a couple bleeding hearts who love to twist the outcome of anything.

 

BTW next i suppose some of you will say, when the movements in all the countries are over... that its the US fault and we should pay for damages,  if it turns negative.

post #35 of 109

Thats BS!  I was in Iraq in 2003-04 and again in 2009-10.  Leave the country if u can't appreciate ur Soldiers bitch.  Your damn right we killed many of their people after they started shooting at us.  You are talking out of your ass and if you have never been there and seen your buddy's blood spilled and fired a weapon than shut your fucking mouth.  Have you ever been in a convoy hit by an IED, I don't think so.  They should pay us a billion dollars for not making them our 51st state.    
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post





I say we pay up. We damaged their country and killed many of their people. In fact we were found have been killing at a higher rates then the insurgents.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/16/us-civilian-death-idUSTRE71F3KL20110216

post #36 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Thats BS!  I was in Iraq in 2003-04 and again in 2009-10.  Leave the country if u can't appreciate ur Soldiers bitch.  Your damn right we killed many of their people after they started shooting at us.  You are talking out of your ass and if you have never been there and seen your buddy's blood spilled and fired a weapon than shut your fucking mouth.  Have you ever been in a convoy hit by an IED, I don't think so.  They should pay us a billion dollars for not making them our 51st state.    
 


 


Iraq 05 and 08 thumbup.gif

post #37 of 109

These are pictures that I took the day after we were ambushed in Baghdad in 2003.  I was the squad leader and this is one of my three trucks.  Two of my Soldiers received purple hearts from this attack and one was evaced to the the states.  Keep in mind what THEY did to our Soldiers and equipment.  

 

IED ATTACK 21 NOV 03 003.jpgIED ATTACK 21 NOV 03 006.jpgIED ATTACK 21 NOV 03 008.jpg

post #38 of 109

Thanks for your service thumbup.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed98 View Post




Iraq 05 and 08 thumbup.gif

post #39 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Thanks for your service thumbup.gif
 


 


Thank you for your service!

 

And God Bless you for protecting this nation and making sure that my children can grow up in this peaceful nation.

post #40 of 109

P.S. If you're ever in Seattle, let me know and i'll be glad to take you out and buy you a beer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Politics
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Baghdad wants U.S. to pay $1 billion for damage to city