or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX › If there was one stock you could hold long term
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If there was one stock you could hold long term

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
What stock would that be and at is your target sell price?
post #2 of 20
GIS
Target sell - Never (well maybe in a few years when I retire)

I bought my first and only shares in 1965. Still holding. With splits and divy reinvest I'm up HUGE!!
post #3 of 20
brk.b.

but depends how long buffet lives.
post #4 of 20
ACTC fer sure !!!
post #5 of 20
GS......... I like to be different from the crowd.. 2nd Long would be, F........... I would either try to flip on the dips and/or use options to protect both...
post #6 of 20
Rds/b
post #7 of 20
LVS
post #8 of 20
I would have to say GE
post #9 of 20
I'm gonna say Google, because they will rule the future of the internet.
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbreb13 View Post
GIS
Target sell - Never (well maybe in a few years when I retire)

I bought my first and only shares in 1965. Still holding. With splits and divy reinvest I'm up HUGE!!


Seriously? That is freaking awesome! How much were the shares? Google finance doesn't even go back that far! hah!
post #11 of 20
How long are we talking?

I would probably say ASTM or ARWR. ASTM is a surer bet, but ARWR could be even bigger. They both have some really cool tech in the pipe, but there is likely more dilution to come and it's going to take a while to come to fruition.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by czeylanicum View Post
How long are we talking?

I would probably say ASTM or ARWR. ASTM is a surer bet, but ARWR could be even bigger. They both have some really cool tech in the pipe, but there is likely more dilution to come and it's going to take a while to come to fruition.
lol newb
post #13 of 20
My lotto longterm would be SIRI. Talked myself out of .07 a share a couple years ago. Now every time I look, the damn thing is hitting new highs.
post #14 of 20
Maybe Ford, they seem to be doing pretty well and eliminating some debt.
post #15 of 20
Yeah I like either Ford or BAC long term. BAC has a lot of debt on their sheets, but our nation has already supported the "too large to fail" strategy.
post #16 of 20
If there was one stock I had to buy this week and hold for at least 12 months it would without a doubt be UNIS Do any DD on this new company and see for yourself.The possibilitys are endless.I`m not pumping at all,just sharing what was brought to my attention.I have gotten so many helpful tips from this site and I pass along anything I can that may be helpful.Kinda my way of saying thank you to all of the other posters on this forum.Most of you know who you are.Lets stick together and beat these machines at their own game.
post #17 of 20
Personally, I'd hold onto any crab or miniature lobster stocks as long as possible. You can even carry them with you long-term and even spread them no matter where you go. Reciprocate the goodness of a long-term crab stock. The dividends are endless.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpdumped View Post
Seriously? That is freaking awesome! How much were the shares? Google finance doesn't even go back that far! hah!
I paid roughly $300 for 10 shares + commissions. With all the splits and reinvesting the divy I now have a buttload shares.
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT09 View Post
lol newb
elaborate?
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdave View Post
If there was one stock I had to buy this week and hold for at least 12 months it would without a doubt be UNIS Do any DD on this new company and see for yourself.The possibilitys are endless.I`m not pumping at all,just sharing what was brought to my attention.I have gotten so many helpful tips from this site and I pass along anything I can that may be helpful.Kinda my way of saying thank you to all of the other posters on this forum.Most of you know who you are.Lets stick together and beat these machines at their own game.
Got lucky again.I think there is still lots of upside here too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX › If there was one stock you could hold long term