or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Trade Journals & Stock Tips › Agent & Drews Bio Plays
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Agent & Drews Bio Plays - Page 2

post #21 of 586
Congrats to those who were holding OREX up 130% in pre-market right now.
post #22 of 586
ARIA up over 30% in the last 2 weeks. Still holding Jan and Feb $4 calls.
post #23 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewett27 View Post
ARIA up over 30% in the last 2 weeks. Still holding Jan and Feb $4 calls.
Nice... I went more risky and bought Dec calls.. at least I'm even on them

Bought some ANX on the dip today... just enough to make me watch it more.
post #24 of 586
My favorite Bio play for the next week and a half or so is probably CYTK. I bought a few yesterday and considering buying more today. They present data at an ALS conference this weekend and I like the chances it is good. Especially considering the fact they are choosing to present the results at the conference. I think good data probably sends this to 3.50 or so. 3.20 probably a safer bet.

PR from yesterday about the conference. Made the stock jump from 2.20.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Cytoki....html?x=0&.v=1

chart.ashx?t=cytk&ta=1&p=d&s=l
post #25 of 586
Nice breakout. Thanks Gecko
post #26 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewett27 View Post
Nice breakout. Thanks Gecko
Yea first time it has broken through the 200ma since April.
post #27 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Nice... I went more risky and bought Dec calls.. at least I'm even on them

Bought some ANX on the dip today... just enough to make me watch it more.
You must have gotten a much better price than I did on the Dec calls. I have some but they are pretty much worthless right now.

Edit: they are down 60% so not quite worthless
post #28 of 586
Thread Starter 
Thanks Gecko, I grabbed a few to play a long.
post #29 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentBearBull View Post
Thanks Gecko, I grabbed a few to play a long.
No problem. I think the results almost have to be positive. They wouldn't be presenting bad results at a conference. The CEO said this about the upcoming data.

“We are encouraged by the interim results from both of our ongoing Evidence of Effect trials of CK-2017357, one in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and one in patients with claudication associated with peripheral artery disease, and are pleased to be proceeding with the futher development of this novel drug candidate. Moving forward, we are readying for the initiation of a third Evidence of Effect trial in patients with myasthenia gravis,” stated Robert I. Blum, president and CEO of Cytokinetics. “Data from these trial appear consistent with our therapeutic hypotheses and are planned to be the subject of presentations at upcoming medical conferences starting in December.”
post #30 of 586
Thread Starter 
I agree... Wouldn't make much sense to have a room full of stockholders/people in the industry etc to tell them poor news.
post #31 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentBearBull View Post
I agree... Wouldn't make much sense to have a room full of stockholders/people in the industry etc to tell them poor news.
Exactly. Also they are already planning the launch of the multi-dose study for early next year. These results are from the single-dose study. So you expect them to be good.
post #32 of 586
Thread Starter 
Wooo Go baby go! (CYTK)
post #33 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko123 View Post
No problem. I think the results almost have to be positive. They wouldn't be presenting bad results at a conference. The CEO said this about the upcoming data.

“We are encouraged by the interim results from both of our ongoing Evidence of Effect trials of CK-2017357, one in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and one in patients with claudication associated with peripheral artery disease, and are pleased to be proceeding with the futher development of this novel drug candidate. Moving forward, we are readying for the initiation of a third Evidence of Effect trial in patients with myasthenia gravis,” stated Robert I. Blum, president and CEO of Cytokinetics. “Data from these trial appear consistent with our therapeutic hypotheses and are planned to be the subject of presentations at upcoming medical conferences starting in December.”
Be prepared for massive "sell the news" though. May be a great play but there are a ton of people who bought between 2.20 and 2.80 that will sell on the news or right before.
post #34 of 586
Thread Starter 
Ill likely play it with a stop loss as soon as markets open Monday, assuming news was positive.

Grabbed a few more here, on the dip.
post #35 of 586
Thread Starter 
Nice open for CYTK and RPTP (got more at 3.76 - Edit.. Guess I jumped the gun)
post #36 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
I like CXM the best for this month. and then MNKD

Anyone have a list For Jan. FDA plays they care to post?

MNKD having a great day today...
post #37 of 586
Wow that was a nice close on CYTK. We should know the results Sunday afternoon. I expect them to be good. But we will see.
post #38 of 586
Thread Starter 
You beat me to it Gecko! Great close...

Am I mistaken to think this conference is on Monday, not Sunday?

Cytokinetics, Incorporated announced that an oral presentation of results from its phase IIa “Evidence of Effect” (EoE) clinical trial of CK-2017357 in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is scheduled to be presented as part of the Clinical Trials Session at the 21st International Symposium on ALS/MND, to be held December 11-13, 2010 in Orlando, Florida.
post #39 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentBearBull View Post
You beat me to it Gecko! Great close...

Am I mistaken to think this conference is on Monday, not Sunday?

Cytokinetics, Incorporated announced that an oral presentation of results from its phase IIa “Evidence of Effect” (EoE) clinical trial of CK-2017357 in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is scheduled to be presented as part of the Clinical Trials Session at the 21st International Symposium on ALS/MND, to be held December 11-13, 2010 in Orlando, Florida.
Right it's the 11-13th but they're presenting the 12th. Hopefully we see a gap up Monday morning.

Oral Presentation at the 21st International Symposium on ALS/MND

Date: Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time: 5:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

Session: 9C - Clinical Trials

Location: JW Marriott Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando, Florida

Title: A Phase 2A, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, single-dose, crossover study of the selective fast skeletal muscle troponin activator, CK-2017357, in patients with ALS

Presenter: Jeffrey M. Shefner, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology at the Upstate Medical University, State University of New York
post #40 of 586
Thread Starter 
Hope so, I'd take even a small pop.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trade Journals & Stock Tips
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Trade Journals & Stock Tips › Agent & Drews Bio Plays