OPEN with some wild swings over 90 down to 82 settling out right around where it started... Kind of a worst case scenario because will incure losses due to decay more than likely. Plan for tommorow is to get out of calls on a gap up in the morning then likely get out of puts while the gap sells off. If it follows the typical patter that is. Could head straight for a selloff as well at market open which certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings! This ones out of upside though. Likely will pick up some further out puts tommorow.
bluehaze013's trades - Page 7
Missed on OPEN, should have stuck with my intial feelings and stayed out due to premiums took a big hit right off the bat before the big plunge so wasn't able to profit from it. Just gonna hold the position and see what the stock does in the coming days. Still up overall for the week though.
Bailed out of CMG puts, pretty much ended up down a couple hundred after all these trades. The decay is pretty crazy on front month options going through earnings. Tough trades to make because if your wrong you pretty much lose it all! Don't wan't to go into the hole so not gonna take a chance on CMG through earnings. Might jump in tommorow at the open.
Picked up some BP shares in AH, undervalued and seems like a safe place to park money with all the Egypt stuff going on. Probably will lay off the options for awhile. Getting lazy and it's why i'm not making any money you get out what you put in and I haven't been putting in much at all lately. Need to hit the books this weekend and try and setup a relatively safe port as i'm heading back to work soon and won't be able to daytrade or probably even swing trade for 4-5 months so hopefully I can come up with something good.
Picked up a short position in CLB since I didn't do my homework on BP seems like a good hedge with CLB pushing through the top of the channel on my charts it should see a selloff soon regardless if oil heads up or down. Also picked up some Feb puts in LVS looks like more of the same to me, got upgrade from moody's started to run then stalled out when the computers kicked in due to all the 47.00 weekly calls. As of right now the MM's need it to close below 47.30 and above 46.03 for max pain. Low volume seems to make it highly probable to close in the 46's.
LVS looking interesting doubt I will trade it though. Looked like Bull Trap big money moving the price up lasted like 20 minutes or so but it didn't bring in many other buyers with it. Sold my puts this morning for profit, got lucky didn't see this coming. Seems to be building support now at 48 so it could be big money trying to push it to 50 to unload options. If that's the case it will head up again tommorow then start selling off sometime Wed and head back to 46/47 for OPEX. Might trade the selloff depending what happens tommorow.
Oh and up 100% on NVDA puts!
Can't post pics anymore I guess, tried to post one of P/L and hung again...
Anyways in NVDA puts @ .47 still holding @ .97. Liking the CLB short, got in too early but no way of knowing made enough on BP to keep me even. Will get out of BP when it starts to head down, and then bail on the CLB when it starts to head up. Seems like a nice safe trading style that you don't have to watch everyday inorder to predict movements and make profits.
Probably going to remove all these pics of my account values because it seems pretty stupid to be leaving that info hanging out there for anyone to view... who knows what intentions they have. Has been fun keeping a sort of diary here, brings back alot of memories going back through the thread and have definitely learned alot. Trying to go out with a bang since I won't be trading for awhile after this week.
Sold half of NVDA @ 1.19. Not sure wether I want to gamble on earnings after the bell tommorow still debating. Best case scenario is a continued selloff throughout the day tommorow so I can get out without gambling with even more profits Theres a good chance for a rally though, might take another half off in the morning and let the rest ride, probably the best bet.
Out of NVDA @ 1.82, Out of AMZN @ 5.00 (was in @ 3.05) Closed out BP and CLB positions about breakeven. Back to work, done trading for awhile. Might get into some shares short so I can trade AH but not sure if i'm experienced or comfortable enough to be trading without watching the markets daily so likely will sit it out for awhile.
Good luck guys, it's been quite a ride, for everyone that's wondering I end up right about where I started just a bit over 25k which is down overall due to pumping some funds in at one point to stay above the daytrade limit but not that expensive for everything i've learned. Looking forward to getting back in to trading at some point if work permits!
Probably will remove all the pictures of my account so as not to leave all that info out there for everyone to see. Thanks for reading if you've been along for the ride with me. See y'all in 6 months