In case anybody is wondering what the holdup is regarding resuming mining operations; here is a response from the company.We have been in contact with the Mexican officials and it is our understanding the proper approvals have been made, but we haven’t received full documentation at La Guitarra yet. As they saying goes it appears “it is in the mail.”
Milling has resumed onsite, but to restart the underground operation we are waiting on the paperwork coming through to allow us to purchase explosives. We hope that within the next few weeks we will have explosives on site and be able to resume active mining. Until that time we will mill existing stockpiles as the first step in restarting production.
After receiving the above email I called to clarify; basically the approvals are in place as they have been in contact with the authorities, they are just waiting for the documentation to arrive. There is nothing further required of GGC (to their knowledge), they just cannot proceed without the final documentation in-hand.
Apparently you need a permit to buy explosives in Mexico...... who knew?
So for now they are milling stockpiles; apparently they are of lower grade than normal; however they did not give/know of the grades.