or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Trade Journals & Stock Tips › METALS THREAD - Precious & others
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

METALS THREAD - Precious & others

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 

stocks...companies...chat...thoughts/ideas/opinions

post #2 of 67
Thread Starter 
so anyway as ive said earlier today i caught a lil of Cramer today on cnbc in which he likes basic metals and esp ones indutrial/contruction related...has a bleek outlook on "rare earth metals" tho...actually called it a "rare earth bubble"...copper was his favorite even at all time highs now

post #3 of 67
If cramer likes them they must be close to rolling over. I wouldn't touch gold here...rare earths may be a bubble but why aren't metals another bubble about to burst? Gold at 1400?
post #4 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coorslght1 View Post
If cramer likes them they must be close to rolling over. I wouldn't touch gold here...rare earths may be a bubble but why aren't metals another bubble about to burst? Gold at 1400?
in the same spot he had gold at 2k withing 12months...
post #5 of 67
Buy all the metals you can and hold until you start to see the eventual doom.
post #6 of 67
Didn't a bunch of Analysts predict gold at $2K way back in the 2002 crash?

I did initiate a silver position this week. But I bought a Canadian silver miner in order to gain a little protection against inflation of the dollar by using the Canuck dollar. SVM
post #7 of 67
Nice Skwerl..
I bought SVM on the NYSE...I want to earning some money to make back the currency loss on my USD
I bought 2 years ago at 1.08
post #8 of 67
DJI compared to gold over 3 years. Direction is somewhat correlated but not yield.

Kinda like the housing mess. You see all these gold kits, gold commercials and I think History channel has a gold mining show coming out: but something has got to give. Eventually the cycle is going to end...right? Or is it all blue sky ahead? I'm not sure and I hope it hits 2k for all those that bought in.

post #9 of 67
above didn't want to show gold
[IMG][/IMG]
post #10 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coorslght1 View Post
above didn't want to show gold
[IMG][/IMG]
yea the main part of the dicrepancy was from the nov 09- march 10 period...they were doing opp things...other than that they have been in tandem mostly
post #11 of 67
The thing that concerns me is how many people are jumping on the metals bandwagon. That's a sure sign that we're nearing the end of the run as the smart money keeps looking for dumb money to come in and buy them out. On the CNBC premarket page there are 6-7 stories featured at the top right and 4 of them are pumping metals- including Cramer.
post #12 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwerl View Post
The thing that concerns me is how many people are jumping on the metals bandwagon. That's a sure sign that we're nearing the end of the run as the smart money keeps looking for dumb money to come in and buy them out. On the CNBC premarket page there are 6-7 stories featured at the top right and 4 of them are pumping metals- including Cramer.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Same thing happened to oil. Remember when they started saying oil was going to $150-$200. They had a piece out on the day it reversed at 140ish, saying that $150 was coming.

Imo, CNBC is more about ratings than about reporting what really matters. Non-Biased my ass.
post #13 of 67
Thread Starter 
Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold Inc

pretty indicitive of copper and gold prices over the 2yr period...

post #14 of 67
Thread Starter 

copper

copper ETF




post #15 of 67
Thread Starter 
after a lil breath a turn back upward in copper stocks...
post #16 of 67

Copper growth

I think copper has a long ways to go as long as China stays on the growth pace which they are on-

The average citizen in China uses about 1/3rd the amount of copper that a citizen of Japan or Korea uses I read recently-

If that is accurate that means they have a lot of catching up to do so copper demand is supposed to remain very strong-

Do your own due diligence of course---
post #17 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidie View Post
I think copper has a long ways to go as long as China stays on the growth pace which they are on-

The average citizen in China uses about 1/3rd the amount of copper that a citizen of Japan or Korea uses I read recently-

If that is accurate that means they have a lot of catching up to do so copper demand is supposed to remain very strong-

Do your own due diligence of course---
While i would agree with you to some extent i think there is more supply than people estimate. There is a mine in Mongolia which has 81 BILLION pounds of copper that will be established in the next couple of years. This mine also has estimated 46 MILLION ounces of gold. Its in Oyu Tolgoi, Mongolia.
post #18 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidie View Post
I think copper has a long ways to go as long as China stays on the growth pace which they are on-

The average citizen in China uses about 1/3rd the amount of copper that a citizen of Japan or Korea uses I read recently-

If that is accurate that means they have a lot of catching up to do so copper demand is supposed to remain very strong-

Do your own due diligence of course---


yes...much more demand to come near and mid term
post #19 of 67
rare earth metals could be in demand in the next months...

I also like manganese
post #20 of 67
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1612 View Post
so anyway as ive said earlier today i caught a lil of Cramer today on cnbc in which he likes basic metals and esp ones indutrial/contruction related...has a bleek outlook on "rare earth metals" tho...actually called it a "rare earth bubble"...copper was his favorite even at all time highs now


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trade Journals & Stock Tips
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Trade Journals & Stock Tips › METALS THREAD - Precious & others