or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Ok.. this is getting silly. The TSA is out control.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ok.. this is getting silly. The TSA is out control. - Page 9

post #161 of 202
Well, at least your GF will get some. Just kidding...

Your bolded part, this is coming. I'm surprised Al Queda has not done this yet. They can insert (surgery) explosives into a Jihadist (like a basic stomach surgery) and there you go. They could do this to a live animal and have it flown (in the cargo area) and achieve the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22RoastMan View Post
I dunno man, if one of these jackholes tries some shit with my GF, sister, daughter, W/E... Im going to have a hard time just standing there and not do anything....

Totally unacceptable behavior that even the Israelis dont do ( granted they have far fewer flights ) Heck, I would prefer to do it the Israeli way anyways, no BS political correctness, just common sense screening... And how long has it been since they have had a problem?

One other thing, its not too difficult to hide explosives up your coolo, or even ingest ( much like heroin, etc..) Then, well you get the picture... So whats next? Cavity searches? I really dont think the public will want to do that... just sayin...


* not directed at you, just venting a bit lol
post #162 of 202
They actually did that to dogs they were sending to the US from Iraq right after the war started over there.
But yeah terrorists being the screwups that they are all the dogs they put bombs in died before they even got on the plane(s).
post #163 of 202
Clayton County News8:19 p.m. Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hartsfield TSA worker allegedly abducts, assaults woman

By Christian Boone



The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
A TSA employee based at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport tried to kill himself after allegedly abducting a woman, sexually assaulting her then giving her a suicide note to deliver.
MARTA police are among the law enforcement agencies investigating the claim that Randall Scott King, 49, kidnapped the woman from the Lakewood station Wednesday night. King accompanied her there from the airport where she left with him voluntarily, Hartsfield-Jackson spokeswoman Katena Carvajales told the AJC.

But King allegedly restrained the woman in the MARTA parking lot and took her to his house in Hogansville, about 50 miles south of Atlanta, where the sexual assault occurred, police there say.
"The victim stated that she was released by Mr. King who provided her with a suicide note and instructions on where to deliver it," Hogansville Police Department Sgt. Jeff Sheppard said in a press release.
A relative brought the woman, who was still bound in leopard print, novelty handcuffs, to the Union City Police Department, Det. Gloria Hodgson said.
Union City authorities notified the Hogansville Police Department, who dispatched officers to King's home. They found him with "several wounds about his body," Sheppard said. King was airlifted to Columbus Regional Medical Center where he remains in critical condition. Criminal warrants have been obtained by Hogansville police.
King, a behavior detection officer, has been with the Transportation Security Administration for nearly five years, spokesman Jon Allen told the AJC.
"We are cooperating fully with law enforcement during this ongoing investigation," Allen said
post #164 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrweekend View Post
King, a behavior detection officer, has been with the Transportation Security Administration for nearly five years
I don't really know what a "behavior detection officer" does.. but if they work for the TSA, I assume that means they try to "detect behavior" that might be out of the ordinary? If that's correct, one can only assume that he worked and trained with several other behavior detection officers. Now, it's not my place to tell people doing a job I know nothing about that they suck at it ..but...
post #165 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
I guess I don't get it; the American mindset can be ridiculous at times. Body scans, pat downs, and extra screenings makes fliers more safe- not completely safe, but safer. Do people not recall 911?

If you don't like it, don't fly.

These are the same people that will be bitching when a bomb successfully goes off. Bombs have already successfully made it aboard (a number of times), but none have successfully gone off. I suspect the next one will.

The American mindset can definitely be ridiculous at time...but IMO its at the other end of the spectrum here.. Americans (the stupid ones) expect that technology and our society should make or be able to make everything 1000% risk free, safe and free of danger and that is just not the reality.. Everything in life has risk--everything has danger and factually anyone who is determined enough can and will accomplish and circumvent ANY detection method put in place. The problem I have is with how 'over-reactionary' and 'over-invasive' and 'lame' the TSA and everything has become to where FEAR is ruling common sense..and the obvious solutions are being ignored in favor of a simple 'panic driven' irrational mentality response...which is to run INTO a burning building to escape the flames. My big gripe here is that we have fairly untrained ignorant group of 'agents' basically on an absurd power trip that think they are untouchable--and power corrupts and fuels such insane behavior... Really--making a 4y-o boy disabled who's dad is a state Sheriff crawl thru a metal detector without his leg braces cause he cannot walk without them--that is insane and cruel...are you saying you would do that? Taking a vets CMH award--and holding this presidential awarded 'hero' because the idiot agents don't know what the award is and can't decide of the 'star' shape of the CMH is too resembling of a "ninja star" and 'might be a weapon'...would YOU think like this and do that? Ripping open an elderly mans colostomy/urine bag cause the agent is ignorant in not listening to the man is not something that should be permitted...pulling a woman out of line cause she is in Philly wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey and sending her to a pat down specifically cause of her Jersey in a Philly Eagles town--thats just juvenile and ignorant--and THESE are the brain billiant types of people in TSA...?

The TSA is 'groping' and viewing a persons genital area--men, women, children as THEY decide...your son and daughters--in ANY OTHER AREA OF AMERICA to have ANYONE do this this would be considered 'porn' (and child porn) and sexual assault..Everyone has a right to privacy and everyone has a right to not be seacrhed without cause--where is the cause here? Just 'flying' is NOT a just cause--is it? Because that means 'just driving' is just cause to stop and search anyone and LOOK for evidence--and that is not how this country's legal system works or allows--yet TSA can do that? POLICE cannot even stick their hand down a persons junk and fondle it publically--unless they had a really strong cause to do so...but the TSA and government can grope and view whomever whereever and whenever...?? I don't think so...and I dont' see how YOU a law enforcement guy vowed to protect rights of people & rights can think such is 'ok'. These measures give the APPEARANCE only on the surface of things being done--they give no real substance...they don't make things 'safer' any more now because they have confiscated thousands of bottles of travel shampoo & juice boxes for children and thousands of nail clippers.. People brought those on board before--and I don't recall in history of anyone holding a plane for hijack with a 1" nail clipper or a juice box straw.. Just because someone 'could' doesn't mean someone will..and that such should be disallowed..

Its not a matter of "don't like it--don't fly"....last time I checked the airlines were private corporations--not government....its really a matter of "don't over-react--don't be stupid" in how we deal with a threat. By the TSA over-reacting and by Americans having to do so much re-adjustment to our lives and society by the force of terrorism means the terrorists have power--and have won because they have made us concede and give in to their threats.. But moreso--this is a 4th Amendment right to basically not be subject illegal search and siezure without a warrant or just cause or our rights preserved--and NONE of that happens. YOU have to read people rights when you detain/arrest them and before you search--you have to get consent or warrant or cause. TSA needs NONE of that. In the majority here--they are searching innocent people...illegally..and without proof or cause or warrant..treating everyone as guilty--and that is paranoia...that is witch hunting...and it brings OUR society down to the mud-hut level of these primitive terrorists to making OUR society JUST like theirs or WORSE. IMO when that happens--they won...they brought us down in our society...and we did it out of fear and paranoia.. If TSA has to confiscate a bomb (which they have NEVER done) then the due diligence process in law enforcement for finding terrorism before it happens has failed--TSA is a last line of defense--not the only line.

-w
post #166 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
Well, at least your GF will get some. Just kidding...

Your bolded part, this is coming. I'm surprised Al Queda has not done this yet. They can insert (surgery) explosives into a Jihadist (like a basic stomach surgery) and there you go. They could do this to a live animal and have it flown (in the cargo area) and achieve the same thing.

Like you said--terrorists could easily circumvent everything in place if they were determined--surgery to hide explosives is not a new idea...there are dozens of effective deadly weapons ON a plane already--and in everyday items...there is no 'perfectly 10000% safe' thing here if someone is determined and trained to make do with what they have.. Strip searching people isn't the answer--cause I truly question whether or not the TSA folks would even KNOW what to 'feel' for or be able to identify... The 'underwear bomber' actually got on his plane in Europe--not in the US but suddenly everyone in america domestically has to have their underwear checked... If a terrorist does sew a bomb inside his gut cavity and is successful--I can only imagine we all will have to undergo some form of cavity search next....and for US to concede to THEM is IMO a weak stance to be. When facing a 'bully' you don't back down or change your route or habit hoping to throw them off or avoid the danger--that is weakness....you meet them head on--that is how you stop a bully and put them on their heels..
post #167 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by enickma View Post
I don't really know what a "behavior detection officer" does.. but if they work for the TSA, I assume that means they try to "detect behavior" that might be out of the ordinary? If that's correct, one can only assume that he worked and trained with several other behavior detection officers. Now, it's not my place to tell people doing a job I know nothing about that they suck at it ..but...






-w
post #168 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
you meet them head on--that is how you stop a bully and put them on their heels..
post #169 of 202
I agree Wolf. This oh I'm scared and they can do whatever they want to protect me and my family is basically retarded.

People use zero logic when emotions get in the way. Your family has a 10,000% better chance at being killed by a bad driver. Not just a little more likely but a freaking crapload LOL... Why not set up check stations every 2 miles and search every car? That would save 1000 times the lives as the TSA every will. If you do not like it then stop driving.

And as for the bully statement.. Yes. Iwas thinking this yesterday. Instead of spending Billions on TSA and equipment, just save it and when someone attacks we use that money to attack back. Screw it. Screw being PC. If we know where they come from make them all pay. It's not like anyone likes us anyhow LOL. And I do not mean send in troops...just a few bombs will work.
post #170 of 202
Quote:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
We are heading closer and closer to a full on police state. Remember the .gov never surrenders power once it has it. Citizens should be outraged and invoke a little civil disobedience.
post #171 of 202
TSA "we handle more packages than UPS"
post #172 of 202
Do you realize how many guns are recovered by police that were stored in the groin area by suspects? It happends everyday. I've groped a few in my day at the cost of me or someone else not getting harmed. The bolded junk part is done all the time by police. If they're not doing they're stupid or simply lazy as it may get someone killed.

Many police officers have been killed based on their poor, lackadaisical pat-downs


Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post

The TSA is 'groping' and viewing a persons genital area--men, women, children as THEY decide...your son and daughters--in ANY OTHER AREA OF AMERICA to have ANYONE do this this would be considered 'porn' (and child porn) and sexual assault..Everyone has a right to privacy and everyone has a right to not be seacrhed without cause--where is the cause here? Just 'flying' is NOT a just cause--is it? Because that means 'just driving' is just cause to stop and search anyone and LOOK for evidence--and that is not how this country's legal system works or allows--yet TSA can do that? POLICE cannot even stick their hand down a persons junk and fondle it publically--unless they had a really strong cause to do so...but the TSA and government can grope and view whomever whereever and whenever...?? I don't think so...and I dont' see how YOU a law enforcement guy vowed to protect rights of people & rights can think such is 'ok'. These measures give the APPEARANCE only on the surface of things being done--they give no real substance...they don't make things 'safer' any more now because they have confiscated thousands of bottles of travel shampoo & juice boxes for children and thousands of nail clippers.. People brought those on board before--and I don't recall in history of anyone holding a plane for hijack with a 1" nail clipper or a juice box straw.. Just because someone 'could' doesn't mean someone will..and that such should be disallowed..


-w
post #173 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
Do you realize how many guns are recovered by police that were stored in the groin area by suspects? It happends everyday. I've groped a few in my day at the cost of me or someone else not getting harmed. The bolded junk part is done all the time by police. If they're not doing they're stupid or simply lazy as it may get someone killed.

Many police officers have been killed based on their poor, lackadaisical pat-downs
But, for something like that a wand would a better choice.
post #174 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
Do you realize how many guns are recovered by police that were stored in the groin area by suspects? It happends everyday. I've groped a few in my day at the cost of me or someone else not getting harmed. The bolded junk part is done all the time by police. If they're not doing they're stupid or simply lazy as it may get someone killed.

Many police officers have been killed based on their poor, lackadaisical pat-downs

Missed my point in what I wrote--do you immediately stop random people you pass and search them/their groin--OR do you have probable cause to do so?


-w
post #175 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
I agree Wolf. This oh I'm scared and they can do whatever they want to protect me and my family is basically retarded.

People use zero logic when emotions get in the way. Your family has a 10,000% better chance at being killed by a bad driver. Not just a little more likely but a freaking crapload LOL... Why not set up check stations every 2 miles and search every car? That would save 1000 times the lives as the TSA every will. If you do not like it then stop driving.

And as for the bully statement.. Yes. Iwas thinking this yesterday. Instead of spending Billions on TSA and equipment, just save it and when someone attacks we use that money to attack back. Screw it. Screw being PC. If we know where they come from make them all pay. It's not like anyone likes us anyhow LOL. And I do not mean send in troops...just a few bombs will work.

After 911 we should have dropped a few nukes...no doubt about it..at the very least carpet bombed for months....like Pearl Harbor before and our eventual nuking in japan--show that we will not be messed with or tolerate any attack....instead we just capitulated and compromised our own society as a reply...we basically ran away crying for mommy...

-w
post #176 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
Missed my point in what I wrote--do you immediately stop random people you pass and search them/their groin--OR do you have probable cause to do so?


-w
I guess I missed it and can see your point; however, we're talking about mass transit and crazy people overtaking planes and flying them into business.

Just a friendly note to everyone, you do not need probable cause to (PC) pat someone down, but you need reasonable suspicion (RS), which is less than PC. But, without consent, absence of RS or PC, a police officer cannot just randomly pat people down.
post #177 of 202
Everyone saying that we should racially/religiously profile, understand that it is very easy to say that when you know that you aren't the one who is going to be profiled. Doing something like that, IMO, will only further ostracize the American Muslims community. We are Americans, first and foremost. Things like affirmative action and racial profiling contribute to everyone seeing everyone else as a "group".

The important thing; the 14th amendment (and arguably the 9th) would prevent the government from racial profiling.

Government can't discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion. That is fairly clear cut and dry. You might have some wiggle room with non-citizens, but there are plenty of American citizens of Islamic faith of a brown skin color.

And it can be a very dangerous slope. The American internment of Japanese-Americans is widely considered a shame on this country...
post #178 of 202
Even the Japanese believe in airport security screening...

post #179 of 202
post #180 of 202
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Politics
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Ok.. this is getting silly. The TSA is out control.