or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Online Brokers › What's better Etrade or Ameritrade ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's better Etrade or Ameritrade ?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
About to start up my first online account, just wondering which of these two you professionals like best ? And what's the minimum $ I need to start an account ?

Thanks
post #2 of 15
If you will be trading any penny stocks then TDA is better. you can place .xxxx trades with them whereas etrade its only .xx Also TDA is had the think or swim platform for free which is very nice. I've heard some good things about etrade too but i dont have experience with them and i am happy with tda. I dont think TDA has a minimum amount that must be deposited either. If you go with TDA and want a referral pm me your name and email and I will send ya one
post #3 of 15
Ameritrade
post #4 of 15
I dont know much about Etrade, but i know that TDA is realy great
and i have nothing to complain, exept maybe the 10 $ per trade commision.
5 $ would be better, but peace on earth too. You cant have everything.

If you have a question you receive a detailed reply email within 24-48 hours,
and if you call them, they are very friendly and competent.
They have a lot of tools, would miss Strategy Desk and Think or Swim a lot.
Account funding goes realy fast. Only 4 days from Europe (by wire)

And at last, TDA sometimes from one day to another, dont allow you do buy some Pink Stocks.
They restrict them, and allow you only to sell your possition if you are in.
It happened to me 3 times in 6 months and i was mad because i missed some good runs after lot of researching and reading, but after time pased i getting common with this rule. Because the Stocks they restrict have a strange entire impression. Maybe too much care for experienced Pink traders but for
the average, not so bad.

Someone from TDA should read that, would be worth some free trades
And thats a cool thing too. If you have entitled complains they apologise with 5 free trades (valid one month).
post #5 of 15
what does the referral do? i might be opening a td account
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by facebookdigg123 View Post
what does the referral do? i might be opening a td account
i know it opposite..
cut and paste from TDA

"And referring people to TD AMERITRADE is easy. Just use our online form. Once your referrals open and fund their account, we'll send you the rewards you've chosen."

Thanks for the idea, so if you find the post usefull you maybe wanna pm me your name and i will receive 100 $ cash or 10 free trades. Why not
post #7 of 15
does tdameritrade have a debit card or something like etrade? i know etrade has a debit card that you can use to make purchases with funds from your etrade account.
i have both etrade and tdameritrade accounts and i cant seem to find an answer or info on the tdameritrade debit card feature.

by the way i like tdameritrade better than etrade, i've used both for some time now.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-OldEurope View Post
And at last, TDA sometimes from one day to another, dont allow you do buy some Pink Stocks.
They restrict them, and allow you only to sell your possition if you are in.
It happened to me 3 times in 6 months and i was mad because i missed some good runs after lot of researching and reading, but after time pased i getting common with this rule. Because the Stocks they restrict have a strange entire impression. Maybe too much care for experienced Pink traders but for
the average, not so bad.
Ok, i`m also thinking of opening an account with either TDA or Zecco (havn`t decided yet) and will be trading mostly penny stocks. Would you say that they restrict alot of pinks and is there any way to find out which ones are restricted? Is there a list somewhere showing the pinks that are restricted?

I live in Europe myself and don`t have the possibility to trade OTC & pinks online, only by telephone order.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by $croogeMcDuck View Post
Ok, i`m also thinking of opening an account with either TDA or Zecco (havn`t decided yet) and will be trading mostly penny stocks. Would you say that they restrict alot of pinks and is there any way to find out which ones are restricted? Is there a list somewhere showing the pinks that are restricted?

I live in Europe myself and don`t have the possibility to trade OTC & pinks online, only by telephone order.
Cant answer this. Try searching on google "restricted pink stocks" or so.
Like i said, 3 times in 6 months. Isnt much.
post #10 of 15
No, you`re right. it isn`t much at all.

Unfortunately, it looks like i will not be able to open an account with TDA due to the fact that i live in Sweden. Just got an e-mail from TDA telling me this so i will have to go with Zecco instead.

Thanks.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by $croogeMcDuck View Post
No, you`re right. it isn`t much at all.

Unfortunately, it looks like i will not be able to open an account with TDA due to the fact that i live in Sweden. Just got an e-mail from TDA telling me this so i will have to go with Zecco instead.

Thanks.

What did they said ? Im from Germany and im their customer. Ok, they inherited me as a old Datek customer, but cant imagine whats the problem.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-OldEurope View Post
What did they said ? Im from Germany and im their customer. Ok, they inherited me as a old Datek customer, but cant imagine whats the problem.

The problem seems to be some brokerage regulations in my country that makes it impossible to open an new account.

This is the info i got from TDA earlier today,

"Regrettably, TD AMERITRADE is currently unable to open new accounts for applicants with mailing or physical addresses in Sweden. This is a result of a thorough legal review of established brokerage regulations in your country, among many other countries. Clients with existing accounts cannot open additional accounts, but their existing accounts are not affected"

Too bad because their trading platform/service looks really nice.

How long have you used TDA?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by $croogeMcDuck View Post
The problem seems to be some brokerage regulations in my country that makes it impossible to open an new account.

This is the info i got from TDA earlier today,

"Regrettably, TD AMERITRADE is currently unable to open new accounts for applicants with mailing or physical addresses in Sweden. This is a result of a thorough legal review of established brokerage regulations in your country, among many other countries. Clients with existing accounts cannot open additional accounts, but their existing accounts are not affected"

Too bad because their trading platform/service looks really nice.

How long have you used TDA?
More than 2 years now. And the initial (Datek) Account is about 10 years old.
mh, how fast the time pased.

Edit. Reading it again.. youre in Sweden and cannot trade in Usa !?! Big disadvantage. Must have some political reasons.
Maybe you could try Think or Swim. They are from Canada. Bought by Tda but still have its own Portal. And they are great. So maybe they have other regulations, if you register in Canada? And the platform is realy
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-OldEurope View Post
Edit. Reading it again.. youre in Sweden and cannot trade in Usa !?! Big disadvantage. Must have some political reasons.
Maybe you could try Think or Swim. They are from Canada. Bought by Tda but still have its own Portal. And they are great. So maybe they have other regulations, if you register in Canada? And the platform is realy
Well, the thing is that i can trade most of the US & Canadian stocks here in Sweden through my broker, have been trading on these markets for many years already but the reason why i`m interested in opening an US account is because in Sweden i`m not allowed to trade OTC & Pinks online, only by manual telephone order and this IMO is a huge disadvantage. All other US & Can (NYSE, NASDAQ, TSX) stocks i can trade online without any problems. I`ve been in contact with several different brokers here in Sweden but none of theme allows me to trade these stocks online and i really hope i can find a solution to this.

I will look into Think or Swim, thanks
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by $croogeMcDuck View Post
Well, the thing is that i can trade most of the US & Canadian stocks here in Sweden through my broker, have been trading on these markets for many years already but the reason why i`m interested in opening an US account is because in Sweden i`m not allowed to trade OTC & Pinks online, only by manual telephone order and this IMO is a huge disadvantage. All other US & Can (NYSE, NASDAQ, TSX) stocks i can trade online without any problems. I`ve been in contact with several different brokers here in Sweden but none of theme allows me to trade these stocks online and i really hope i can find a solution to this.

I will look into Think or Swim, thanks
mh, little bit weird. You not allowed trading pinks and Otc online, and at the other side, i saw some dokumentaries about privacy in Sweden and what FRA does.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Online Brokers
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Online Brokers › What's better Etrade or Ameritrade ?