or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Gov't to CONFISCATE Gold... again?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gov't to CONFISCATE Gold... again?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
In 1934, facing a depression President Roosevelt first confiscated
gold from every American. Then, he unilaterally devalued the U.S.
dollar by 75 percent against gold. At a stroke, FDR wiped out 75
percent of the dollar denominated debt of the U.S. Treasury. As
both Presidential-poser Obama and Fed chairman Bernanke are
students of FDR, we face the real possibility of a massive
devaluation of the U.S. dollar against gold in 2010.


a real possibility?
Who would like to claim expertise on this?


Prediction:
If it happens, China will declare WAR.




.
post #2 of 25
They can have my 1984 Olympic gold coin when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techunter View Post

a real possibility?
Who would like to claim expertise on this?



It will never happen. The global financial system has grown to be far too complex and intertwined. The logistics of such a plan are preposterous.
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockJock-e View Post
It will never happen. The global financial system has grown to be far too complex and intertwined. The logistics of such a plan are preposterous.

But they did it before....and I'm sure folks back then said the same thing of how it couldn't be done..this time around I would hope you are right--cause I ain't givin away my gold back to anyone..and not at todays USD value.



Never trust a government run by bankers and lawyers.....

-w
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...Jaz View Post
They can have my 1984 Olympic gold coin when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.


If I recall correctly the Fed's, and ATF folks, like to do that a lot...pry things from the cold hands of dead people...which they then put in culpable items to lay blame and cause as evidence to justify the shooting.

So in that aspect--you're not that far off....
-w
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
If I recall correctly the Fed's, and ATF folks, like to do that a lot...pry things from the cold hands of dead people...which they then put in culpable items to lay blame and cause as evidence to justify the shooting.

So in that aspect--you're not that far off....
-w

Name just one shooting where the shooter was not declared and made by the media to seem crazy?

If they kill you you WILL be labeled a crazy person and everyone will believe the media.
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
But they did it before....and I'm sure folks back then said the same thing of how it couldn't be done..this time around I would hope you are right--cause I ain't givin away my gold back to anyone..and not at todays USD value.

Never trust a government run by bankers and lawyers.....

-w
Keep in mind this was not confiscation by armed police coming into your house. The US was coming off the gold standard and they were reevaluation gold at $35/oz from the $20/oz it was at, so you were making money by getting rid of your gold.

You were required by law to give up your gold for paper money, that is the scary part, or face a fine.

It will never happen again because we now know that if people were permitted to keep some savings in gold, that depression would not have been so bad.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Name just one shooting where the shooter was not declared and made by the media to seem crazy?

If they kill you you WILL be labeled a crazy person and everyone will believe the media.

Dead men tell no tales....but the living men write the history.



-w
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockJock-e View Post
Keep in mind this was not confiscation by armed police coming into your house. The US was coming off the gold standard and they were reevaluation gold at $35/oz from the $20/oz it was at, so you were making money by getting rid of your gold.

You were required by law to give up your gold for paper money, that is the scary part, or face a fine.

It will never happen again because we now know that if people were permitted to keep some savings in gold, that depression would not have been so bad.

Hmm..That sounds familiar..oh yea--the recent legislation that passed...every US citizen alive will be required by law to get healthcare coverage or face a fine or imprisonment...". ...that is where I am familiar with that kind of government woesome thoughts..like back then--government hasn't changed much.

Well I'm not givin up my gold for some 'promisory note'...if they want to give me the same value in Silver or Diamonds--we'll talk....but paper--I wipe my butt with paper....on credit by the US government--they are not credit worthy.. I would not be surprised if they tried to do this--but I would hope they leave it alone.

The depression back then vs today--two different animals...however all the people have to go by for impact and actuality for what is to be or could be, is history...not the lessons learned by history, but history.


-w
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
Dead men tell no tales....but the living men write the history.



-w
Great quote...and
post #11 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post

Never trust a government run by bankers and lawyers.....

-w
Well, There is Sarah Palin......



.
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf825 View Post
Hmm..That sounds familiar..oh yea--the recent legislation that passed...every US citizen alive will be required by law to get healthcare coverage or face a fine or imprisonment...". ...
You know since I heard about that "pay for healthcare or go to jail" thing I have been wondering one thing.

Do we have enough jails for 10.2% of the population? Since there is currently a 10.2% (and growing mind you) unemployment rate.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techunter View Post
Well, There is Sarah Palin......



.

She would make a great furnature accessory to any room...like a housecat or pet goldfish...

-w
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrant3 View Post
You know since I heard about that "pay for healthcare or go to jail" thing I have been wondering one thing.

Do we have enough jails for 10.2% of the population? Since there is currently a 10.2% (and growing mind you) unemployment rate.

I was thinking about all the Amish and Mennonites they will be arresting in droves up in farm country who probably will never hear about this law.... Those folks will do well in prison along side the Bloods or the AB....



-w
post #15 of 25
Those people will get it for free.
Only the honest working man will have to pay for it. Does that make it better?

I want to know whats going to happen when we really get into a depression. Everyone I know spend money like they are rich. I see very few people without cell phones, cold AC's, new cars, Etc. They all still eat out, have boats, Etc.

We are NOT in a depression, not even close.

And I may just quit my job so I get free healthcare. Once inflation hits the math will lean to being a bum versus working 50 hours per week and ending up with little to nothing after paying for healthcare and taxes.
post #16 of 25
THIS JUST IN!!!!!!

(ap news) In a much anticipated move today, presidential imposter obama
has ordered the entire inventory of gold at FT KNOX to be sent to the NWO
headquarters located in Kenya. For added security to keep the gold safe the
imposter and his ho will be moving to Kenya. His children and the dog will remain
in the white to run the country in his absence.
In a prepared statement the imposter said " i can't believe yu dum mofos let me
and my ho jus wok in and take all yur chit and gold an stuff like that there".
NBC has reported that this is all just an early April fools prank by the imposter
quoting " that obama is such a kidder and has a great since of humor! We expect
him and his ho, along with the gold to be back in the USA on April 2 2010".
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Ho, Ho, Ho, Murray Xmas !



.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalden View Post
THIS JUST IN!!!!!!

(ap news) In a much anticipated move today, presidential imposter obama
has ordered the entire inventory of gold at FT KNOX to be sent to the NWO
headquarters located in Kenya. For added security to keep the gold safe the
imposter and his ho will be moving to Kenya. His children and the dog will remain
in the white to run the country in his absence.
In a prepared statement the imposter said " i can't believe yu dum mofos let me
and my ho jus wok in and take all yur chit and gold an stuff like that there".
NBC has reported that this is all just an early April fools prank by the imposter
quoting " that obama is such a kidder and has a great since of humor! We expect
him and his ho, along with the gold to be back in the USA on April 2 2010".

Ha ha - that's so funny.... you kidder.... gold in Fort Knox...
post #19 of 25
why would they do this? since of course currency is no longer based on the gold standard...
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
why would they do this? since of course currency is no longer based on the gold standard...

Possibly to limit or remove actual wealth acclimation and potential of the people to have which may taker away from the government or power bankers?? I mean gold will always be a valuable item but paper money can be devalued in a minute by those who give it value...and then it won't matter how much paper money someone has... If you ever need to be able to control someone or a mass of people, you control what they have that is valuable to use and it gives you all the power to be able to dish out as you please any ability that person may have in exchange for capitulation in the form of a currency... Its like a parent controlling their kids activities and abilities if the parent is the only source for what is needed--money.....



-w
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Politics
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Gov't to CONFISCATE Gold... again?