or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Doctor says near-death experiences are in the mind
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Doctor says near-death experiences are in the mind - Page 9

post #161 of 175
If I had an OBE I would need a good dose of Valium afterwards
post #162 of 175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup View Post
I feel that adapting your beliefs to fit the information will always serve you better than adapting the information to fit your beliefs. JMHO
That is a FANTASTIC statement!
post #163 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...Jaz View Post
Here's a couple of things I'd like you to do, or anyone who claims they have the ability to OBE. Visit my house while we are asleep. I'm taking a leap of faith that one can find me using whatever aura attraction, or signal, or whatever. Tell me what my house looks like, it's layout, my bedroom, and any other detail you can observe.
I decided to take Jaz up on his challenge, and was actually successful. To anyone else thinking about doing this.... do NOT observe Jaz's bedroom... you don't want to see what's going on in there.
post #164 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by enickma View Post
I decided to take Jaz up on his challenge, and was actually successful. To anyone else thinking about doing this.... do NOT observe Jaz's bedroom... you don't want to see what's going on in there.
post #165 of 175
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by enickma View Post
I decided to take Jaz up on his challenge, and was actually successful. To anyone else thinking about doing this.... do NOT observe Jaz's bedroom... you don't want to see what's going on in there.
post #166 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by enickma View Post
I decided to take Jaz up on his challenge, and was actually successful. To anyone else thinking about doing this.... do NOT observe Jaz's bedroom... you don't want to see what's going on in there.

All of you guys are funny.
post #167 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...Jaz View Post
The funny thing is, I think you would believe regardless. You strike me as the kind of person that wants to believe in stuff like this.

Baggi has succinctly stated it well. Have you the ability to go where you please, you would dispel any skepticism about OBE/astral projecting by complying to my request. What would be more convincing of it's authenticity than to visit someone's house and describe it? That alone would be enough to convince me, and probably everyone on here, that it is possible to OBE/astral project. Why would you not want that vindication?

You're lack of willingness to participate suggests to me that you yourself have no conviction.
Jaz, I repeat, I am not attempting to convince anyone of astral projection. I think I made my intentions clear in my previous post. Once again, I say this with kindness.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone. If you choose not to believe me, that's okay. I don't take offense. As I have said before, if I had not had these experiences myself, I would not believe it.

Bassix, Rishodi, DaNiMiTe Dani & I all have something in common. We have all experienced sleep paralysis
. I know that sleep paralysis can sometimes be part of the process of leaving your body. It's kinda like being stuck in the process; stuck between being in & out of your body (actually, more out). And it's for that reason that I would like to discuss this subject with them.

Is that so bad? Can't you just let me try and do this? I would really appreciate it if you would. And who knows? Maybe one of them will come back and tell all of you that it worked.
post #168 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishodi View Post
That sounds identical to what I went through when I was younger. The cure for me was to realize that it was all in my head -- that there were no such things as demons, and sleep paralysis is an entirely natural phenomenon. After I had that realization around the age of 14 or 15, I had no more nightmares.
Dani, this is what I am talking about when I say what you believe, becomes...
post #169 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToeJoe View Post
Dani, this is what I am talking about when I say what you believe, becomes...
Got it...
post #170 of 175
Dani, the next time you find yourself in a state of paralysis, try not to fight it & don't think about the dark murky entities. Just think of relaxing.

The next time you find yourself stuck in the state of paralysis, instead of fighting it and snapping back into your body out of breath with your heart racing.. you could have an out of body experience.

Just let me know.
post #171 of 175
I guess a lot of people have watched the CNN program about life after death which aired tonight. As I understand it, they had some very intelligent doctors arguing the subject.

Wish I had not missed it.
post #172 of 175
Thread Starter 
Nope...didn't know about it so missed it. Will see if I can catch a rerun of it.
post #173 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...Jaz View Post
I don't believe in OBE/astral projecting, but I do believe in lucid dreams, and ones ability to control your own actions. For me though, once I have realized that I am dreaming, I become conscious so I never truly get to the stage where I can control what I do. I have been in dreams where I know I was dreaming but I am not fully in control of what I do. Once I am able to get to the point where I am beginning to control what I do, like I said, I become conscious and brought out of sleep.

What's neat, is sometimes when I awake from a state like that, sometimes I am able to fall back asleep and pick up in the dream where I left off.
Honestly I can tell any dream apart from reality once I think about it. A dream has major differences that things don't line up perfectly like in real life, and yes I've been in control of my dreams many times. However dreams are just an illusion of the conscious mind, power predictors in some cases, what I find funny though is when I have a very strong dream about something it happens in real life, in fact sometimes the feeling of future prediction is so overwhelming that I wonder if it's not my subconscious mind telling me what to do. I am unsure how some people predict future events but there are definitely some people that have predicted the future successfully many times so I know it to be a true phenomenon.
post #174 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie View Post
Thanks for your post, Rishodi. It’s an interesting theory, but I disagree with it. Let me tell you why, ok?

I know that I am not asleep when this happens to me, because I know the difference between being asleep & being out of my body.
I have been hypnotized. I am a good subject. Within minutes, I can feel my eyeballs moving all over the place. That doesn’t happen when I am in the paralyzed state or out of my body.

The reason I have decided to post about this is to help people like you, who have experienced sleep paralysis. I wouldn’t think of starting the subject with someone who has not had your experiences. They would think that I was nuts.
However, you I hope will have an open mind and consider what I have to say.

When you mention the chair being a few feet away. Have you considered that you were seeing the chair from you astral eyes, not your physical eyes, which would account for seeing the chair from a different reference point? Your astral body could have been floating near your physical body. This has happened to me before while being in the paralyzed state.
I appreciate the level of interest you're showing in my experiences, but my view of them is completely different. I have no idea what astral body or astral eyes are even supposed to mean, so I don't even know where to begin with that besides the obvious: I don't believe in paranormal beings, or human spirits that exist separately from human bodies, because there is no proof of their existence.

The example I used of the chair was only one of several discrepancies I've noticed when experiencing sleep paralysis that have firmly convinced me that sleep paralysis is simply a particular state of dreaming that is markedly different from both the fully conscious state and from "normal" dreaming. Though my mind is fully aware that I am asleep during these experiences, it is imperfect and those imperfections manifest themselves in my mind's model of my surroundings. To answer your question directly: no, the view of the room I had with the misplaced chair was from the exactly the place where my head was when I fell asleep. As I mentioned before, my sleep paralysis experiences have always occurred in a first-person frame of reference. I have no reason to believe that sleep paralysis has anything to do with paranormal experiences, or that out-of-body experiences are anything more a peculiar dream state.
post #175 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishodi View Post
I appreciate the level of interest you're showing in my experiences, but my view of them is completely different. I have no idea what astral body or astral eyes are even supposed to mean, so I don't even know where to begin with that besides the obvious: I don't believe in paranormal beings, or human spirits that exist separately from human bodies, because there is no proof of their existence.

The example I used of the chair was only one of several discrepancies I've noticed when experiencing sleep paralysis that have firmly convinced me that sleep paralysis is simply a particular state of dreaming that is markedly different from both the fully conscious state and from "normal" dreaming. Though my mind is fully aware that I am asleep during these experiences, it is imperfect and those imperfections manifest themselves in my mind's model of my surroundings. To answer your question directly: no, the view of the room I had with the misplaced chair was from the exactly the place where my head was when I fell asleep. As I mentioned before, my sleep paralysis experiences have always occurred in a first-person frame of reference. I have no reason to believe that sleep paralysis has anything to do with paranormal experiences, or that out-of-body experiences are anything more a peculiar dream state.
If you are aware of leaving your body, which some of us are, you will be aware of your astral body.

When I say "astral eyes" I simply mean that you are "seeing" from your astral state, which is out of your body.
Many people have experiences similar to your own, when they first find out that they are able to leave their bodies.

I'm sorry that my post was confusing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Politics
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Doctor says near-death experiences are in the mind