or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Stock Market Education › can anyone name any pinksheet companies that got uplisted to the bigboards?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

can anyone name any pinksheet companies that got uplisted to the bigboards?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
are there any statistics regarding this? if there are any, how many came from caveat emptor status and made it to bigboards let alone pinksheets to bigboards?
post #2 of 11
Theone,

In the last six years I can remember only two that made it to the AMEX and both of those were eventually booted off that exchange. I know of none that made it to the higher exchanges.

The two I remember went from the pinks to the OTCBB, then to the AMEX. I don't know any that went straight from the pinks to the higher exchanges. I am sure there must be more that made it to the higher exchanges though, but I bet there aren't many.

Don't know where you could get statistics on this kind of info either.

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
are there any statistics regarding this? if there are any, how many came from caveat emptor status and made it to bigboards let alone pinksheets to bigboards?
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Theone,

In the last six years I can remember only two that made it to the AMEX and both of those were eventually booted off that exchange. I know of none that made it to the higher exchanges.

The two I remember went from the pinks to the OTCBB, then to the AMEX. I don't know any that went straight from the pinks to the higher exchanges. I am sure there must be more that made it to the higher exchanges though, but I bet there aren't many.

Don't know where you could get statistics on this kind of info either.

Guapo

I know of a GREY SHEET that uplisted the OTCBB...that is HUGE!
post #4 of 11
I know FRPT uplisted to the big boards. I can't recall off hand if it was listed on Pinksheets or OTC BB, though. It's easy to look up though.
post #5 of 11
There are certainly a number of stocks that have done it. In Dan Holtzclaw's book, "The Little Black Book of Microcap Investing", he mentions several stocks that have graduated onto the bigger boards.

The progression would be (theoretically):

Pink - OTC BB - OTC QX - AMEX - Nasdaq BB - Nasdaq - NYSE

Amex and Nasdaq Small Cap both have much less stringent requirements than the NYSE.

As for stocks that have graduated from OTC status to big board status, most end up on the AMEX. Here are three that were mentioned in the book.

FZN went from OTCBB to AMEX.
SVA same.
TMY same on March 21, 2005.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
just as I thought... one in a million...
post #7 of 11
lawl guapo month contest winner+ stock god is on the right path
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazooka85 View Post
lawl guapo month contest winner+ stock god is on the right path
You're weird...
post #9 of 11
Bazooka85,

What? What are you talking about?

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazooka85 View Post
lawl guapo month contest winner+ stock god is on the right path
post #10 of 11
BFHJ is about to uplist from pinks to OTCBB, and good possibility to go even higher...
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERE4BEER View Post
BFHJ is about to uplist from pinks to OTCBB, and good possibility to go even higher...




17 BFHJ posts in a row ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stock Market Education
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Stock Market Education › can anyone name any pinksheet companies that got uplisted to the bigboards?