Next week's potential anticipation FDA plays
NSPH - July 31 - estimated 6-month review date from 1/09 510(k) filing for hemochromatosis (HFE) genetic test
ADLS - July 31 - Restanza (Cethromycin) NDA PDUFA decision date
NRI.TO - August 5 - NDA resubmission PDUFA decision date
I'm only playing penny stock pharmas, but there are some dates for other big board plays. I also don't look at pharmas that have had (what I consider to be) a huge run already. I thought DDSS had more room, but everyone else thought otherwise. I only mention this because that's the reason SVNT is not on my watchlist for next week. I like to look at the chart, though, to remind me of the potential in these plays:
I got stopped out of most of my DDSS today, but decided to keep 20% of my position for news. I'm not going to stop watching this play; if the date passes without news and generates a sell-off, I will attempt to trade DDSS in order to accumulate a "free ride" position.
I bought some ALDS (@ .47) at the close today; this is a risky play because the last PR that mentioned the FDA and Restanza sent the stock down more than 50%. Despite that, I anticipate anticipation. This is a small position sizing due to the fundamental risk and the volatility of these price ranges. I'm looking at an initial price target of .60 or +27%; I plan to sell 2/3 of my position at that price and then play it by ear from there. I will sell it all if it hits .80 or .40, which is my stop.
NSPH is my secondary play, but it had a huge move this past week. Holding a little NEPH, DDSS, and HGSI. GL.