or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CSTR - Coinstar Inc - Page 5

post #81 of 248
Coinstar 3Q Profit Down 53% On Discontinued Operations; View Strong

Coinstar Inc.'s (CSTR) third-quarter profit dropped 53% as the prior-year impact of discontinued operations masked core earnings growth that topped expectations on sharply higher revenue.

Shares were up 12% at $51.68 in after-hours trading as the DVD kiosk operator raised its earnings target for the year to $2.14 to $2.20 a share from $1.88 to $2 and tightened its revenue estimate.

It also forecast earnings of 79 cents to 85 cents for this quarter and $3 to $3.50 for 2011. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had predicted 76 cents and $1.95, respectively.

Meanwhile, the company forecast revenue of $415 million to $440 million for the current quarter and $1.8 billion to $1.95 billion for next year. Analysts expected $423 million and $1.81 billion.

Coinstar has seen its Redbox business grow rapidly and has sold ancillary operations to focus on the unit and its coin-counting operations, including its electronic-payment services business earlier this year. DVD revenue, the vast bulk of the total, jumped 54% to $305.5 million in the latest quarter.

Coinstar posted third-quarter earnings of $19.5 million, or 60 cents a share, down from $41.4 million, or $1.34 a share, a year earlier. Earnings from continuing operations jumped to 66 cents from 38 cents as revenue rose 42% to $380.2 million.

In July, the company forecast earnings from continuing operations of 46 cents to 52 cents on $370 million to $390 million in revenue.

Operating margin widened to 12.1% from 10.7%.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...28-725465.html
post #82 of 248
Slides don't show a specific partner but they may talk about it... but they are starting streaming 2011.
post #83 of 248
sold out. awesome day
post #84 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunPryde View Post
Slides don't show a specific partner but they may talk about it... but they are starting streaming 2011.
Yea, felt disappointed after knowing no partner.
I just decided to sell at 52, waiting to get filled.
post #85 of 248
oh man, it's falling fast... I sold at 52.11, $12,600 profit.

it's only up 3% now o.O
post #86 of 248
saved jlbrenne buncha money :P
post #87 of 248
wish i picked up some more at 48, oh work...
post #88 of 248
omg for some reason my $52.11 order didn't get totally filled LOLLL , ill keep some to see what happens
post #89 of 248
i got 2 words....

short

squeeze

post #90 of 248
i mentioned in the chat that if this thing breaks 50, it will see 58. Took profit at around 57, which was close enough for me.
post #91 of 248
Sold the rest of my shares that didn't sell at $52.11 at $56.95 this morning, congrats all! I would ride this up even higher but this big of a profit is hard not to take!
post #92 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunPryde View Post
Sold the rest of my shares that didn't sell at $52.11 at $56.95 this morning, congrats all! I would ride this up even higher but this big of a profit is hard not to take!
Good job, I am glad we are right this time.

Now cstr is close to its 52 weeks high, I am guessing it may hit 59 soon then drop gradually to fill its gap.
But that is just my opinion.

Good luck to all.
post #93 of 248
Sold off for 23% gain this morning, Will be back to invest in this next week
post #94 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlee418 View Post
Good job, I am glad we are right this time.

Now cstr is close to its 52 weeks high, I am guessing it may hit 59 soon then drop gradually to fill its gap.
But that is just my opinion.

Good luck to all.
haha yeah, finally we're right! was worth it though.

I hope so, I'll be looking to get in this for the long-run on any retrace!
post #95 of 248
First all, great day yesterday with this stock. I knew it was going to explode-hopefully most of you stuck it out after the bell. Quick question guys. Is there a place where you can find a LIST of all the Quarterly reports that come out (eg. I'm looking for a list that would contain the rest of the stocks that still have to announce there Q3)??

I use to use a website but they are not connected anymore for some reason.
post #96 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrenne View Post
First all, great day yesterday with this stock. I knew it was going to explode-hopefully most of you stuck it out after the bell. Quick question guys. Is there a place where you can find a LIST of all the Quarterly reports that come out (eg. I'm looking for a list that would contain the rest of the stocks that still have to announce there Q3)??

I use to use a website but they are not connected anymore for some reason.
Go to sec and search for the 10q
post #97 of 248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrenne View Post
First all, great day yesterday with this stock. I knew it was going to explode-hopefully most of you stuck it out after the bell. Quick question guys. Is there a place where you can find a LIST of all the Quarterly reports that come out (eg. I'm looking for a list that would contain the rest of the stocks that still have to announce there Q3)??

I use to use a website but they are not connected anymore for some reason.
http://biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

this is pretty much a day to day listing
post #98 of 248
This thing is flexing. I wonder how it will play out next week.

I bought a few puts. As always, fingers are crossed.
post #99 of 248
Thread Starter 
I think it goes higher. With the possibility of them aquiring a partner to start streaming movies, that puts them in direct competition with Netflix. Not only will it be cheaper, but the growth is there. If they partner with somebody like Google or apple then the potential is even better than with a no name. My thoughts are like this, I pay for Netflix subscription, 9 bucks a month. I still have a movie sitting on my desk that I've had for over a month, and I've only watched maybe 2 or 3 online in Oct. If I only pay for what I want to watch, that would only be 4 bucks max right there from Coinstar. Cheaper and I could get both the streaming and the dvd right away, and not have to wait for the DVD in the mail. I still like NFLX, but it is expensive right now with competitors coming in from everywhere.

Also another side note on more upside, float is 1/3 short and yahoo has them as nearly 50% short. So someone has to cover, imo.

Short Interest
Shares Short (Current Month)10.5M
Short Ratio10.5x
Short Interest as % of Float32.32%
Shares Short (Prior Month)11M
*Data updated twice a month by the 18th and 29th respectively
post #100 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman98 View Post
I think it goes higher. With the possibility of them aquiring a partner to start streaming movies, that puts them in direct competition with Netflix. Not only will it be cheaper, but the growth is there. If they partner with somebody like Google or apple then the potential is even better than with a no name. My thoughts are like this, I pay for Netflix subscription, 9 bucks a month. I still have a movie sitting on my desk that I've had for over a month, and I've only watched maybe 2 or 3 online in Oct. If I only pay for what I want to watch, that would only be 4 bucks max right there from Coinstar. Cheaper and I could get both the streaming and the dvd right away, and not have to wait for the DVD in the mail. I still like NFLX, but it is expensive right now with competitors coming in from everywhere.

Also another side note on more upside, float is 1/3 short and yahoo has them as nearly 50% short. So someone has to cover, imo.

Short Interest
Shares Short (Current Month)10.5M
Short Ratio10.5x
Short Interest as % of Float32.32%
Shares Short (Prior Month)11M
*Data updated twice a month by the 18th and 29th respectively
i think alot of those shorts have already been squeezed. the easy move is done, no point in trying to short or long the hard part. there are better plays out there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home