Originally Posted by Quintious
1) I've been around a lot longer than you have. I'm classically a scalp player. And I've never been shy about copping to any losses I incur. It just happens that there aren't that many of them. Typically when I have more free time, I post not only "in", but in what quantity and at what price. I also post my outs. I've got a history of being right. My mood is fickle, as I follow the machines. You've got a history at trying to be a bit of a blowhard in your 1 month here.
2) Again, facts are facts. You can do a kiosk locator for the Blockbuster machines. There aren't that many of them. Go do a search in the 15 largest cities in the country. If putting up half a dozen in a city of 5 million people is "slowly eating away", then I guess slowly would be the operative word
3) You came on here prattling about how you walked into a Von's and found a machine, and that means they lost some huge contract. I pointed out Von's is owned entirely by Safeway, yet Safeway's have them, thus negating your point. Again, reality tends to bite you
4) Seeing 2 ads a month is "guerilla marketing"? Really? I'm going to see 3 ads for Taco Del Mar on my way back to work this evening.
5) Let's say they completely blanketed the airwaves with ads, though. How many people do you know who are going to drive 15 miles out of their way to get to a kiosk when there's another one from a different company 3 minutes away from their house? This is the same problem Best Buy ran into when they tried getting into the kiosk market last year. Nobody was using them, because they were inconvenient to get to.
6) You also try to be a technical trader (though I haven't been impressed with what I've seen compared to a great many others here). I'm purely a fundamentals guy. One of us has a history of being right on these fundamentals. One of us does not. I'll let you try and guess who is who.
You're also the only person alive I've seen who is trying to claim that BLOCKBUSTER, of all places, is doing absolutely *anything* to CSTR or NFLX. No other analysts, no other experts, no other traders, nothin'.
And you still haven't touched on the fact that Blockbuster has all their eggs in this one basket and is on the verge of liquidation, whereas Netflix, CSTR, etc. are not reliant on one revenue stream and have solid financials.
I should start calling you Ross v. 2.0
. Knowledge 20 feet wide and half an inch deep.
I usually don't take time to debate with delusional idiots, but I'll humor you.
1 - Seven months is "alot longer" now? What, in the life of a 10 year old? What's next stupid generalization are you going to make, that post count makes you a genius?
2 - Do you have any understanding of business efficiency? When you start a business, you start small and grow. It'd be better to put one kiosk in every major city rather than overextend your capital and try to grow too quickly. After all, BB is a bankrupt company, so obviously they need to earn revenue from current kiosks before expanding to more.
3 - I made no mention of Von's and don't even know what the hell that is. Doesn't exist here on the east coast, so please get your facts straight before you rant like a lunatic.
4 - Seeing 2 ads in a month after not seeing any ads for damn near 2 years is guerilla marketing in my book. I thought BB was dead, now I've seen ads showing that they are coming back strong.
5 - If you had any reading comprehsion, you'd realize that BB gets new releases instantly while Redbox is 28 days late, the entire basis of my argument. Driving distance doesn't matter when the closer option doesn't have the movie you want now does it? Another great point there Sherlock.
6 - Once again, no clue where you got this? I'm a fundamentals guy as well who observes technicals. I also have a history of being "right", not that it should have any bearing on my argument. Right now I'm up about 15-20% over a span of 2 months, which is plenty good for a newbie like myself.
Also, I am an analyst by occupation, not a college student like you seem to presume. But hey if you want some other analysts that are negative on CSTR, here's some reads:http://seekingalpha.com/article/2468...-pocket-changehttp://seekingalpha.com/article/2414...rce=qp_article
Enjoy your "massive massive" position