or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CSTR - Coinstar Inc - Page 8

post #141 of 248
Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC and Former Louisiana Attorney General Announce Investigation Into Coinstar, Inc. - CSTR
13 hours 4 minutes ago - BIZ
BusinessWire



Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF") and Former Attorney General of Louisiana, Charles C. Foti, Jr. announce the commencement of an investigation into Coinstar, Inc. ("Coinstar" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: CSTR) to determine whether it has violated federal securities laws by issuing false and misleading statements to its shareholders.

On January 13, 2010, when Coinstar reported results for the fourth quarter and full year 2010, investors first learned that the Company would earn as little as $0.65 per share for the quarter on revenues of only $391 million, and not the analysts consensus estimate of $0.84 per share, on revenues of $427 million. These disclosures had an immediate impact on the price of Coinstar stock, which declined almost 30% in the single trading day - or over almost $15.50 per share, down to $41.50 from the prior days close of almost $57.00 per share.

What You May Do

If you have information that would assist KSF in its investigation, or would like to discuss your legal rights, you may, without obligation or cost to you, e-mail or call KSF Managing Partner, Lewis Kahn (lewis.kahn@ksfcounsel.com), toll free 877-515-1850, after hours via cell phone 504-301-7900, or KSF Director of Client Relations, Neil Rothstein, Esq. (neil.rothstein@ksfcounsel.com), toll free at 877-694-9510, or after hours via cell phone 330-860-4092. KSF also encourages anyone with information regarding Coinstar's conduct during the period in question to contact the firm, including whistleblowers, former employees, shareholders and others.
post #142 of 248
ok
post #143 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windo View Post
Actually where I live Blockbuster rental boxes have REPLACED redbox rental boxes in local grocery stores and I think I saw same thing in walmart. Used to be a redbox, now its blockbuster rental box. That's a major contract redbox lost - if this is state or nation wide, blockbuster took the place of redbox in millions of stores.
I live in the San Francisco bay area, and I have seen more and more of these Blockbuster Kiosks. Red boxes are still at every 7-11 you can find though.
post #144 of 248
none the less, this is a good stock to pick up now because you know it will be going back up :}
post #145 of 248
dbl post
post #146 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windo View Post
I dunno - the fact that a large grocery chain like vons replaced redbox with blockbuster boxes is really bad news. It's the same product. So why was redbox taken out and blockbuster put in? It's like shelf space in a major grocery store chain. If the store decides to not carry your product, you pretty much are doomed. Redbox depends on other stores to let them put their boxes on the store property. If the stores are getting a better deal with blockbuster, how will redbox compete? If anything, I'd buy blockbuster. But they filed bankruptcy and current plan makes stock worthless. Blockbuster has some kind of digital deal with a whole bunch of big chains in the works.
Von's is owned by Safeway. I was just in a Safeway - the Von's name to my knowledge is limited to the Vegas area - not 30 minutes ago (go go gadget 21 hour work days), and there was a Redbox in there...with video games and Blu-Rays on top of DVD's (which I guess is a new thing). I can't speculate as to why your Von's switched over, but it probably had to do with some ridiculous price offering.

Just as an experiment during some downtime today, I ran zip codes for the 15 largest cities in the country both through Blockbuster's kiosk finder and Redbox's kiosk finder....the results weren't even close. It seems like every McDonald's, 7-11, Wal-Mart, major grocer, CVS, and Walgreen's has one. The largest Blockbuster presence I found was in Chicago (ironically, where Redbox was based before they got bought out), with about 25 kiosks throughout the area...which pretty much pales in comparison to the hundreds of Redboxes floating about there.

Sorry, but I just don't see it. Blockbuster tried taking on Netflix, and got their lunch eaten. They've made a push in kiosks, and haven't made any tangible progress that I can see. Their stores are closing down slowly but surely. And they're reliant on that one revenue stream, while this company here has multiple streams to draw off of and a huge amount of existing long-term contracts.

And this is without even getting into the more not-too-far-down-the-road issues such as net neutrality and the fallout it will have on streaming movies at the current price points (which I can't comment on for conflict of interest reasons).

You know me, I never tell anyone not to hitch their wagon to anything, but I sure as hell ain't hitching mine to Blockbuster's.
post #147 of 248
^ LOL. Dude, you are so blind it's a joke. First off, stop making asinine assumptions as it only makes you look more ridiculous. None of us are in this thread saying to bet the house on Blockbuster. What we're saying is that Redbox had virtually 100% of the kiosk market share. Now they do not, as evidenced by myself and others who have mentioned BB kiosks popping up. Of course the BB kiosks aren't going to instantly outnumber Reboxes, but the point is that they are slowly eating away at Redboxes market share.

And if you haven't seen any of the guerrilla BB marketing about the "why wait 28 days", then watch some more TV and keep an eye out. I see an advertisement for it at least a couple of times a month and I hardly watch any TV other than sports.

Not to mention that you claimed to open a "Massive Massive" position two days before the stock fell off a cliff, then basically come back in with the "Oh, just kidding, I grabbed Jan 2012 options instead." Way to backup your claims there bud!
post #148 of 248
for those of you thinking of buying in... whens the right time? i think it will pop back up, just dont want to buy today and have it drop to 40 or below..????
post #149 of 248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWRY1911 View Post
for those of you thinking of buying in... whens the right time? i think it will pop back up, just dont want to buy today and have it drop to 40 or below..????
The right time is a personal decision based off of the market, the stock and whether or not you think the reward is greater than the risk. There is no way to tell if a bottom is in until it is. Take what you have for information, base your decision off of that, and you must have an acceptable loss that you are willing to lose.
post #150 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
^ LOL. Dude, you are so blind it's a joke. First off, stop making asinine assumptions as it only makes you look more ridiculous. None of us are in this thread saying to bet the house on Blockbuster. What we're saying is that Redbox had virtually 100% of the kiosk market share. Now they do not, as evidenced by myself and others who have mentioned BB kiosks popping up. Of course the BB kiosks aren't going to instantly outnumber Reboxes, but the point is that they are slowly eating away at Redboxes market share.

And if you haven't seen any of the guerrilla BB marketing about the "why wait 28 days", then watch some more TV and keep an eye out. I see an advertisement for it at least a couple of times a month and I hardly watch any TV other than sports.

Not to mention that you claimed to open a "Massive Massive" position two days before the stock fell off a cliff, then basically come back in with the "Oh, just kidding, I grabbed Jan 2012 options instead." Way to backup your claims there bud!
1) I've been around a lot longer than you have. I'm classically a scalp player. And I've never been shy about copping to any losses I incur. It just happens that there aren't that many of them. Typically when I have more free time, I post not only "in", but in what quantity and at what price. I also post my outs. I've got a history of being right. My mood is fickle, as I follow the machines. You've got a history at trying to be a bit of a blowhard in your 1 month here.
2) Again, facts are facts. You can do a kiosk locator for the Blockbuster machines. There aren't that many of them. Go do a search in the 15 largest cities in the country. If putting up half a dozen in a city of 5 million people is "slowly eating away", then I guess slowly would be the operative word
3) You came on here prattling about how you walked into a Von's and found a machine, and that means they lost some huge contract. I pointed out Von's is owned entirely by Safeway, yet Safeway's have them, thus negating your point. Again, reality tends to bite you
4) Seeing 2 ads a month is "guerilla marketing"? Really? I'm going to see 3 ads for Taco Del Mar on my way back to work this evening.
5) Let's say they completely blanketed the airwaves with ads, though. How many people do you know who are going to drive 15 miles out of their way to get to a kiosk when there's another one from a different company 3 minutes away from their house? This is the same problem Best Buy ran into when they tried getting into the kiosk market last year. Nobody was using them, because they were inconvenient to get to.
6) You also try to be a technical trader (though I haven't been impressed with what I've seen compared to a great many others here). I'm purely a fundamentals guy. One of us has a history of being right on these fundamentals. One of us does not. I'll let you try and guess who is who.

You're also the only person alive I've seen who is trying to claim that BLOCKBUSTER, of all places, is doing absolutely *anything* to CSTR or NFLX. No other analysts, no other experts, no other traders, nothin'.

And you still haven't touched on the fact that Blockbuster has all their eggs in this one basket and is on the verge of liquidation, whereas Netflix, CSTR, etc. are not reliant on one revenue stream and have solid financials.

I should start calling you Ross v. 2.0 . Knowledge 20 feet wide and half an inch deep.
post #151 of 248
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintious View Post
1) I've been around a lot longer than you have. I'm classically a scalp player. And I've never been shy about copping to any losses I incur. It just happens that there aren't that many of them. Typically when I have more free time, I post not only "in", but in what quantity and at what price. I also post my outs. I've got a history of being right. My mood is fickle, as I follow the machines. You've got a history at trying to be a bit of a blowhard in your 1 month here.
2) Again, facts are facts. You can do a kiosk locator for the Blockbuster machines. There aren't that many of them. Go do a search in the 15 largest cities in the country. If putting up half a dozen in a city of 5 million people is "slowly eating away", then I guess slowly would be the operative word
3) You came on here prattling about how you walked into a Von's and found a machine, and that means they lost some huge contract. I pointed out Von's is owned entirely by Safeway, yet Safeway's have them, thus negating your point. Again, reality tends to bite you
4) Seeing 2 ads a month is "guerilla marketing"? Really? I'm going to see 3 ads for Taco Del Mar on my way back to work this evening.
5) Let's say they completely blanketed the airwaves with ads, though. How many people do you know who are going to drive 15 miles out of their way to get to a kiosk when there's another one from a different company 3 minutes away from their house? This is the same problem Best Buy ran into when they tried getting into the kiosk market last year. Nobody was using them, because they were inconvenient to get to.
6) You also try to be a technical trader (though I haven't been impressed with what I've seen compared to a great many others here). I'm purely a fundamentals guy. One of us has a history of being right on these fundamentals. One of us does not. I'll let you try and guess who is who.

You're also the only person alive I've seen who is trying to claim that BLOCKBUSTER, of all places, is doing absolutely *anything* to CSTR or NFLX. No other analysts, no other experts, no other traders, nothin'.

And you still haven't touched on the fact that Blockbuster has all their eggs in this one basket and is on the verge of liquidation, whereas Netflix, CSTR, etc. are not reliant on one revenue stream and have solid financials.

I should start calling you Ross v. 2.0 . Knowledge 20 feet wide and half an inch deep.
To be fair, you have only been here 7 months longer kid
post #152 of 248
Glad someone noted me to this, looks like the corporate exec of a "big board company" is back on the board defending positions and arguing multiple paragraphs with college kids.

The second I got real busy with business stuff I realized how ridiculous it is and what a liar you are Quintious. You are probably one of the 4 IP addresses being tracked to the college library that Imoon was coming from.

Now you are classically a "quick scalper" wtf dude, you have totally been an investment approach person.

Coinstar "owned" but don't take my word or anyone else's word for it, look at the friggin chart. That's what you deal with in a parabolic market, anything can self implode at any second. Seriously.
post #153 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman98 View Post
To be fair, you have only been here 7 months longer kid

This is absolutely true. However, the 7 months longer I was here was largely during that incredibly turbulent period last year - and if you go back and look at the moves I talked up really heavily, I had (and continue to maintain) a pretty amazing track record, at the risk of being overly immodest. Nobody can argue I didn't navigate that entire period incredibly well, or that the equities I'm into today don't also have strong play behind them.
post #154 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintious View Post
But most importantly (and this hasn't been released to the public yet), they've worked out a deal with Starbucks by which they will soon be rolling out machines nationwide that automatically dispense a full line of fresh ground-to-order Starbucks drinks, much like the Redboxes do DVD's.
Dude are you f*cking serious. This guy is such a total joke it's almost unbelievable. This was news a couple years ago, genius. How old are you? Do you understand the uses of google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=coins...ient=firefox-a

Wow. O.k. hot shot, you got us again "this isn't released yet" we are all on the edge of our seat wondering when the CEO exec (you) is going to send us OVER THE WALL.
post #155 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossj711 View Post
Dude are you f*cking serious. This guy is such a total joke it's almost unbelievable. This was news a couple years ago, genius. How old are you? Do you understand the uses of google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=coins...ient=firefox-a

Wow. O.k. hot shot, you got us again "this isn't released yet" we are all on the edge of our seat wondering when the CEO exec (you) is going to send us OVER THE WALL.
Hey intern, learn to read. Did you not see the section where I pointed out they tried this "a few years ago, but couldn't get the machines to work"?

Or are you just incapable of figuring out that what I was talking about was how they are finally going to be pushing the machines out, which is knowledge not readily available to the public at large? The 2007 agreement ended up being nullified because the devices didn't work.

Go back to playing with your pennies and thinking you're a hotshot, little one. The grownups are having a conversation. If you get too bored, tell us how the 19 dollars you made last week signifies a trend as to how the market will play out.
post #156 of 248
Missed it, I am trained to see the idiocracy in your posts. Are you sharing insider information on a message board? That is highly illegal.

lmao, this will be an interesting one for me to remember and come back to look on. Thanks for the laugh, again.
post #157 of 248
I checked out two zip codes and blockbusters saturation of the rental box market is much bigger than I thought.
post #158 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windo View Post
Long time ago I got a letter from my bank that said they were changing atm cards from visa to mastercard. That meant visa lost a huge contract. Sure enough, few months later mastercard stock took off. You can notice things around you like that and make money in stock market. I put this redbox thing in same category. I noticed redbox was removed from local stores and blockbuster boxes put in. It's things like that can give you edge in markets.

Somebody here posted to go look up where boxes are. I checked out two zip codes and blockbusters saturation of the rental box market is much bigger than I even knew. Pic below shows 90210 - Blockbuster on left/Redbox on right. That was all territory redbox lost since they used to be only rental box. I wish I could buy blockbuster but looks like stock is going to be worthless after bankruptcy. Insiders who end up with blockbuster stock are going to make a mint imho. But yea depends on streaming etc.

I did that with a lot of stocks. Walgreens was one. Years ago I noticed them being built everywhere I went. Couple years later stock is up big.
post #159 of 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windo View Post
Long time ago I got a letter from my bank that said they were changing atm cards from visa to mastercard. That meant visa lost a huge contract. Sure enough, few months later mastercard stock took off. You can notice things around you like that and make money in stock market. I put this redbox thing in same category. I noticed redbox was removed from local stores and blockbuster boxes put in. It's things like that can give you edge in markets.

Somebody here posted to go look up where boxes are. I checked out two zip codes and blockbusters saturation of the rental box market is much bigger than I even knew. Pic below shows 90210 - Blockbuster on left/Redbox on right. That was all territory redbox lost since they used to be only rental box. I wish I could buy blockbuster but looks like stock is going to be worthless after bankruptcy. Insiders who end up with blockbuster stock are going to make a mint imho. But yea depends on streaming etc.


Great, now let's try an Apples to apples comparison. And before we do, I'll tell you where you went wrong with your screenshot. Your Blockbuster map shows a 15 mile radius and a wide map scale. Your Redbox view shows a 5 mile radius with no means to expand it to 15 and a tight map scale. You've created a neat optical illusion, but not much more. Furthermore, the Redbox map for some reason does not list all kiosk locations on the map itself, but rather has a significant chunk of them listed only in the slider menu to the left, not actually pinned on the map (more on that below). So let's go with 90210 and a 5 mile radius on both:

Blockbuster:



Redbox (You will also note the "of 50" located in the lower left. For whatever reason, the map doesn't show all 50 bubbles on it, but there are 50 locations listed in the drop down menu:



Suddenly that map doesn't look quite so invaded....I count 6 Blockbuster machines, and the Redbox site lists 50 (and I have a sneaking suspicion it just cut it off at 50, and there are actually significantly more of them). I can do the same thing with Seattle (again, FIVE in the entire Seattle area at 15 miles, and there are 6 Redboxes....just on my little island), Boston, New York, Washington DC, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Philadelphia, and half a dozen other cities. I know, because I've checked.

And Ross...again, learn to read little one. I already explained your latest little theory away. Seriously, interning is supposed to be an opportunity to learn. I suggest you pick up on it, because eventually you're gonna be out in the real world with the rest of us.
post #160 of 248
Seattle. Redbox @ 5 miles (again, note the "of 50" - I've tried this in multiple cities, and it limits it to 50 every time, so there are significantly more):



Blockbuster @ TWO HUNDRED MILES. It wouldn't even let me do a search within a 5 mile radius, because nothing came up. This stretches all the way from Eastern Washington to Seattle all the way South past Portland OREGON.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home