or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Canadian Stocks Message Boards › CG - Centerra Gold
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CG - Centerra Gold

post #1 of 77
Thread Starter 
CG centerra gold seem undervalued

i've seen several upgrades of brokers, or reccomendations.

in particular, PE is around 4,5 and cash is 105 millions with a capitalization of 270. No debts.

I calculated several ratios and Centerra have a nice financial situation compared to other gold stocks is as revenue one of the top 5 gold stocks and the same for net profit and number of employee in the top 5.

anybody studied this stock? because CDE, HL are a disaster right now due to bad financial situation, while there are good stocks still.

Perhaps this stock may be was undervalued because of a loss had in 2007 due to a deal they needed to do with government in Asia and they went to the court to sue the government and now seem that they are discussing and the could find a new agreement.

Do you know from such agreement what could be the new potential of production of centerra? because if they can double the production we can expect at the current price a pe even lower than 4,5 of today.

ESTIMATES
$ 0,69 2008 $ 0,86 2009http://investdb.theglobeandmail.com/..._param_3=EXACT
$ 0,99 2008 $ 1,36 2009http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...s?symbol=CG.TO
$ 0,85 2008 $ 1,32 2009http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quo...asp?symb=CA:CG


here I found estimates for centerra

insiders buying Bruce Walter, director at Centerra Gold Inc., bought 100,000 company shares for $3.97 each on August 12, 2008.

help is appreciated, thank you
post #2 of 77
Thread Starter 
this resource I forgot
http://www.fpinfomart.ca/doss/doss_g...5104030&sort=4
is very interesting
post #3 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxtrader View Post
CG centerra gold seem undervalued

i've seen several upgrades of brokers, or reccomendations.

in particular, PE is around 4,5 and cash is 105 millions with a capitalization of 270. No debts.

I calculated several ratios and Centerra have a nice financial situation compared to other gold stocks is as revenue one of the top 5 gold stocks and the same for net profit and number of employee in the top 5.

anybody studied this stock? because CDE, HL are a disaster right now due to bad financial situation, while there are good stocks still.

Perhaps this stock may be was undervalued because of a loss had in 2007 due to a deal they needed to do with government in Asia and they went to the court to sue the government and now seem that they are discussing and the could find a new agreement.

Do you know from such agreement what could be the new potential of production of centerra? because if they can double the production we can expect at the current price a pe even lower than 4,5 of today.

ESTIMATES
$ 0,69 2008 $ 0,86 2009http://investdb.theglobeandmail.com/..._param_3=EXACT
$ 0,99 2008 $ 1,36 2009http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...s?symbol=CG.TO
$ 0,85 2008 $ 1,32 2009http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quo...asp?symb=CA:CG


here I found estimates for centerra

insiders buying Bruce Walter, director at Centerra Gold Inc., bought 100,000 company shares for $3.97 each on August 12, 2008.

help is appreciated, thank you
a correction, somebody let me not that the eps for thi first 9 months of centerra was 0.43, so the PE is around 2,7 at the moment only considering 3 quarters and not 4 in 2008.

So the stock is trading around PE of 2/2,5 max.
post #4 of 77
The Canadian company has been trying for the past year to finalize an ownership agreement with the Kyrgyz government that would see Cameco reduce its ownership share, while the government will double its 15 percent stake.

The deal was reached last August and seemed to put to rest concerns that the government might nationalize the project. However, the agreement was stalled in parliament and expired in June. The company is now trying to revive the deal.

Makes me nervous
post #5 of 77
Thread Starter 
yes

today the PE is of 2,3 of centerra at 0.98 !

cash is 105 millions and cap 210... trade at 50% of the cash positions, with NO DEBTS!

and I consider only the first 9 months of 2008 as eps. Estimates for 2009 are 0.69 per share. They seen a production doubled in the future in one their mine.

Pe of 1,3 on estimates! I can't believe that is so low and nobody discover it.

Ok let's hope for the agreement that will bring something positive.
post #6 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinny View Post
The Canadian company has been trying for the past year to finalize an ownership agreement with the Kyrgyz government that would see Cameco reduce its ownership share, while the government will double its 15 percent stake.

The deal was reached last August and seemed to put to rest concerns that the government might nationalize the project. However, the agreement was stalled in parliament and expired in June. The company is now trying to revive the deal.

Makes me nervous
why make you nervous? you have share of CG?
post #7 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxtrader View Post
why make you nervous? you have share of CG?
Nationalisation of companies makes me nervous. It's happening around the world in many countries. The taking of the company by the government. I don't own any shares. What country are you from?
post #8 of 77
Thread Starter 
i'm from serbia

do you know some forum where they speak of centerra and gold stocks? I need to understand why so cheap centerra compared to other gold stock seen that is however a big company.
post #9 of 77
Thread Starter 
please can you tell me what you see in sell in centerra? I have problems with my book are disappeared today all the ask offers.... so like they cancelled everything and now there are few orders, can you make me a print screen and show me the offers on the ask of centerra?
post #10 of 77
1.02 bid X 1.05 ask - 100 x 100

Volume 90k
post #11 of 77
Thread Starter 
no I need to know what there is in sale a 1.28, 1.29, 1.30 etc...
I need an image if possible
post #12 of 77
Thread Starter 
centerra +11% ouch pe up top 2.4 so (:-))))
post #13 of 77
Thread Starter 
how to see when the management buy stocks on canada? there is a website where to see like in us stock the insiders?
post #14 of 77
Thread Starter 
+20% centerra
post #15 of 77
Thread Starter 
any news on centerra?? +22% !!!!
post #16 of 77
Thread Starter 
post #17 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxtrader View Post
any news on centerra?? +22% !!!!
dont order that new porsche yet.. stocks on the venture can swing alot more then 20% for no fundamental reason
post #18 of 77
Thread Starter 
I don't need a porsche, just to pay the rent of room (:-)))

why venture? is not listed in the tsx like cameco for example? where I see this? what disavantages we can have on venture?
post #19 of 77
Thread Starter 
i went on tse exchange too see

they state that centerra gold is listed on the toronto stock exchange and not the tsx venture, why you say that so? who is wrong?
post #20 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxtrader View Post
i went on tse exchange too see

they state that centerra gold is listed on the toronto stock exchange and not the tsx venture, why you say that so? who is wrong?
my bad..your right it is TSX listed.. more or less what i meant was... these small cap mining stocks are very volatile whther on the venture or TSX.. often very speculative and they can have wild price swings for no apparent reason.. thats why alot of people refuse to trade these small and micro cap stocks..also why i gave up trading small cap miners.. too much manipulation and pump/dump schemes out there JMHO though.. GL to you on this one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Canadian Stocks Message Boards
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Canadian Stocks Message Boards › CG - Centerra Gold