or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Gay marriage defeat in CA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gay marriage defeat in CA - Page 3

post #41 of 187
I agree. The Federal Government is assuming more and more power. It's up to the people to stop it but sadly, it seems to me they don't care. In fact, more and more folks want the government to take care of them cradle to the grave, IMO. They don't understand when you take money from Uncle, you have to give something up.

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYGUN View Post
TOTALLY DISAGREE!

It is US (PEOPLE) who should be the law!
Majority should rule, if not maybe we should let the judges decide the presidency, when and where we take a poop, what we are having for dinner on Friday night.

Enickma, that is the scariest thing I have ever heard.
Thats the problem with the U.S. of A right now, people are losing their "NORMAL" rights and freedoms.

We are being over controlled and regulated by wacky judges.
post #42 of 187
But here, it's clear that uneducated, prejudiced masses, blinded by false religious ideals, are not capable of making a reasonable decision in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYGUN View Post
TOTALLY DISAGREE!

It is US (PEOPLE) who should be the law!
Majority should rule, if not maybe we should let the judges decide the presidency, when and where we take a poop, what we are having for dinner on Friday night.

Enickma, that is the scariest thing I have ever heard.
Thats the problem with the U.S. of A right now, people are losing their "NORMAL" rights and freedoms.

We are being over controlled and regulated by wacky judges.
post #43 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Clarkey,

That's funny but your shooting dogs in the park sniffing your wife has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Guapo
WTF are talking about? You started your diatribe with that statement.
post #44 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Just because someone wants to marry his or her dog doesn't make him or her sick. That's the label everything gets if it's outside the norms of society. In the 60~s, hippies were considered sick and crazy. Nobody thinks anything about that anymore, free love, living together, long hair, shabby clothes, etc. In fact, I imagine there are plenty of guys right now who wish they could get some free love!

It's coming, it's here, whether most of us like it or not. There's no stopping it so instead of fighting it, we all have to learn to deal with it in the best way we can. I'm not talking about only gay marriage but all sorts of new developments in the world.

Lastly, who says being gay is sick and wrong? The bible? Various religions? That doesn't make it so. Anyway, I think gays are born the way they are. They don't have a choice. I've never met a heterosexual that changed and became a homosexual, nor have I ever known a homosexual that changed and became a heterosexual.

I don't begrudge someone being gay as long as they let me live the way I want and I don't think we should punish and harass them or limit their freedoms either because they are the way they are.

Guapo
I never thought hippies were sick..maybe crazy LOL but not sick and wrong.

And yes the Bible says being gay is a sin. But thats also not what makes it sick and wrong. If I have to tell you whats sick and wrong about it then your sick also already.

They do have a choice. Back when people had morals and stood up for what was right and condoned what was wrong we did not have near as many gay people. Now that people accept gays and it's WAY more visible through the media all of a sudden we have gays everywhere... Are you going to say that accepting gays plays no part in who chooses to be gay?
post #45 of 187
I could careless either way,let them suffer the way REAL married people do!!

besides,the more gay males out there chasing other guys leaves lots of beaver out there for me to chase
post #46 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorTrader02 View Post
Fun to listen to the right wing nuts gay bash, but defiitely not funny. .
Right wing nut jobs?! It was your liberal breatheren in California that voted this down. What do you think was going through their minds when they voted. I think we all know.
post #47 of 187
What are you talking about? I was discussing someone wanting to marry his or her dog. I never mentioned dogs sniffing somebody's wife in a park.

You remember CSHD? You were wrong then, just I like told you in that thread, and you're wrong again now.



Guapo


Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeysmalls View Post
WTF are talking about? You started your diatribe with that statement.
post #48 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorTrader02 View Post
Fun to listen to the right wing nuts gay bash, but defiitely not funny. Why the hell do you care ? It doesn't affect me at all to allow fellow citizens the same happiness and rights that I have, why do you care ? Just because your born as someone who wants to stick it in guys instead of girls you automatically don't qualify to be treated the same way? &%!# this rubbing it in peoples faces argument.

You guys not getting any from the misses in your old age and getting cranky? Not like gay people are having sex in the streets, giving blowjobs in line at starbucks? Not that I have seen anyways.

How does this relate to 'protecting' anyones children? Maybe protecting them from the hatred and prejudice you idiots, as shitty parents, would instill in them. Blow me away that people still think like this.

Small-minded bible thumping children is what most of you are.
Now I do understand you more as you post through these threads!! here you are.....You and your boyfriend pray to "in Allah we trust" and chose a candidate that you can't even vote for while considering leaving your own country to become a citizen of California clearly shows your ability to dispose of your loyalties to whom pays more.
post #49 of 187
Everyone and their dog was in CSHD. You contribution was always "nobody can short pennies"
post #50 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYGUN View Post
TOTALLY DISAGREE!

It is US (PEOPLE) who should be the law!
Majority should rule, if not maybe we should let the judges decide the presidency, when and where we take a poop, what we are having for dinner on Friday night.

Enickma, that is the scariest thing I have ever heard.
Thats the problem with the U.S. of A right now, people are losing their "NORMAL" rights and freedoms.

We are being over controlled and regulated by wacky judges.
You've got to think a little harder about the nature of civil liberties and how they should be decided. Injustice can be poplular. There was certainly a time in this country when women's rights and minorities' rights would've failed a popular vote...yet we all know those are equal and just rights. It's about your perspective and what America is supposed to stand for.
post #51 of 187
Bigcat,

Oh yeah, in the sense they were crazy, sick in the head.

As I said, I don't think gays choose to be gay. They are born the way they are, IMO.

Ah yes, another bigot. If I don't agree with you, then I'm sick too. Way to go. Great argument.

Your last sentence, are you telling me that since it's now OK to be gay, some folks are chosing to be gay? You are so wrong, wrong, wrong. What you might be seeing is more gays coming out of the closet. Nobdy chooses to be gay, just as you didn't choose to be heterosexual. You were born the way you are and so are they.

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
I never thought hippies were sick..maybe crazy LOL but not sick and wrong.

And yes the Bible says being gay is a sin. But thats also not what makes it sick and wrong. If I have to tell you whats sick and wrong about it then your sick also already.

They do have a choice. Back when people had morals and stood up for what was right and condoned what was wrong we did not have near as many gay people. Now that people accept gays and it's WAY more visible through the media all of a sudden we have gays everywhere... Are you going to say that accepting gays plays no part in who chooses to be gay?
post #52 of 187
Exodus 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

God told Christians to kill non-believers in "your" God

Why don't you follow this?
post #53 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorTrader02 View Post
Fun to listen to the right wing nuts gay bash, but defiitely not funny. Why the hell do you care ? It doesn't affect me at all to allow fellow citizens the same happiness and rights that I have, why do you care ? Just because your born as someone who wants to stick it in guys instead of girls you automatically don't qualify to be treated the same way? &%!# this rubbing it in peoples faces argument.

You guys not getting any from the misses in your old age and getting cranky? Not like gay people are having sex in the streets, giving blowjobs in line at starbucks? Not that I have seen anyways.

How does this relate to 'protecting' anyones children? Maybe protecting them from the hatred and prejudice you idiots, as shitty parents, would instill in them. Blow me away that people still think like this.

Small-minded bible thumping children is what most of you are.

Yes I'm a shitty parent for teaching my kid that playing with someones else's asshole is a bad thing

I give up with you poortrader..You done fell off the deep end.
post #54 of 187
That was one argument that went on and I proved that the average trader can't short pennies. Well, they can if they want to shell out big bucks to do so. Check the article in the Guapo thread about shorting pennies.

As for the CSHD thread, I was there long before you ever showed up. I called CSHD a pig in a poke back in late July-early August of that year and of course I was chastised for it.

Don't feel bad, old Rufus suckered a lot of you guys. None of you listened to the few of us that warned all your guys. Noooooo. we were dunderheads, we didn't know what we were talking about. Most of you guys that knew it all took it in the shorts. I remember..

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeysmalls View Post
Everyone and their dog was in CSHD. You contribution was always "nobody can short pennies"
post #55 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by enickma View Post
You've got to think a little harder about the nature of civil liberties and how they should be decided. Injustice can be poplular. There was certainly a time in this country when women's rights and minorities' rights would've failed a popular vote...yet we all know those are equal and just rights. It's about your perspective and what America is supposed to stand for.
post #56 of 187
Bazooka85,

They would if it weren't against the law and/or they could get away with it.

I wonder what they would do about a gay Christian?

Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazooka85 View Post
Exodus 23:24 Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

God told Christians to kill non-believers in "your" God

Why don't you follow this?
post #57 of 187
Guapo - I meant if you do not see whats sick about..you know.. the gay act between two men then you are sick in the head....

Why am I wrong wrong wrong? You prove they are born that way. How the hell can I prove they are not? Geez. LOL


At least we both agreed CSHD was a scam LOL I got banned for bashing it too much..and I owned a lot of stock in it at times while I was saying it was a scam. Made out pretty good also.




bazooka.. Thats Old Testament. And it's a particular story. Just because God tells one group at one specific time to kill a specific group of people within one specific story does not mean that we should take that one line and try to apply it today.

I think you know this but are trying to cause problems.
post #58 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Guapo - I meant if you do not see whats sick about..you know.. the gay act between two men then you are sick in the head....

Why am I wrong wrong wrong? You prove they are born that way. How the hell can I prove they are not? Geez. LOL


bazooka.. Thats Old Testament. And it's a particular story. Just because God tells one group at one specific time to kill a specific group of people within one specific story does not mean that we should take that one line and try to apply it today.

I think you know this but are trying to cause problems.
I know you think I know this.

I see the point of homosexuality of being "sick", but you are not the one to perform. If it did pass, how would it affect you personally?

There is no free will, gays do not have the will to do otherwise.
post #59 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
That was one argument that went on and I proved that the average trader can't short pennies. Guapo
We digress from the thread topic. However, your claim was always, pennies can't be shorted. Even when it was pointed out several times that TNtrader did in fact short it. That's when you shifted your view, well, they can be shorted but you must be a heavy hitter. I consider the CSHD topic dead, if you would like to gloat, head into the thread and go for it. I may or may not have lost money on it, however, I didn't lose my house, job, car, or marriage end in divorce like happened to many others, but if you find that funny smartass, giggle away.
post #60 of 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Sleuth View Post
What is the status of gay adoption in California? To me that is the important thing, that they cannot adopt children.

Kudos to Arkansas for approving such a ballot iniative.

And kudos to California for what they did...don't get me wrong I oppose gay marriage.
Fifty-six percent of Arkansas voters, however, did manage to safeguard the welfare of children by passing a ban on all unmarried couple (homosexual and heterosexual) adoptions. Although the pro-life measures fared far worse (South Dakota's abortion ban, Colorado's personhood amendment, and Michigan's unethical stem cell measure were all defeated), it did prove to the nation that Americans are capable of debating these issues without the courts' interference. Neither the federal government nor the judicial branch should play a defining role in these social questions that the Constitution provides for the people to decide.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Politics
HotStockMarket › Forums › Community › Politics › Gay marriage defeat in CA