or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Stock Market Education › Ameritrade's Strategy Desk (multiple scans?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ameritrade's Strategy Desk (multiple scans?)

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, does anyone know if it's somehow possible to have more than one scan running in TD Ameritrade's Strategy Desk? If so, how?

Thanks,
Jonathan
post #2 of 10
I have a question for you johnathan, In the strategy desk scan if your scanning for say a move above 28 on +DI, The only syntax i can find is the >. Will this return all greater than or just crossed. I am looking for just crossed
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb199 View Post
I have a question for you johnathan, In the strategy desk scan if your scanning for say a move above 28 on +DI, The only syntax i can find is the >. Will this return all greater than or just crossed. I am looking for just crossed
The > will return all greater. If you want just crossed, use the n-bars ago thing to say that it was < the line 1 bar ago, and then now it's > the line. That essentially finds the cross.
post #4 of 10
Thanks for the reply, i am able to run more than one scan, if u are still having trouble running two reply here,
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb199 View Post
Thanks for the reply, i am able to run more than one scan, if u are still having trouble running two reply here,
I've just upgraded to the latest version of Strategy Desk (2.2) and I still can't run two simultaneous scans.

One way I've found to trick the system is to open multiple instances of the Strategy Desk program... but it would definitely be nicer to get the scans running from the same window.

How are you able to do it?
post #6 of 10
Umm ok now that i look i lied, i 4 different screeners goin, with my criteria, then have lists inputed in each one
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb199 View Post
Umm ok now that i look i lied, i 4 different screeners goin, with my criteria, then have lists inputed in each one
So you mean you're doing what I've figured out, right? Opening the whole program multiple times for each scan?

Or are you simply saying that you're just using separate little screener windows in the same program?

I think I'm confusing the situation...
post #8 of 10
i have separate screener windows, each with different criteria, which light up green / red depending on wehter my criteria is met. I found the same prob u did, with the scan, so now i just have a watchlist with my criteria, U can have as many alerts as u want though.
post #9 of 10
Igot the scan to open more than once, maybe it was an update, basially click the magnifying glass on the sied, fill it out, then to do another, click the magnifying glass and do the same
post #10 of 10
You probably figured it out by now but all you have to do is add "OR" between the two screeners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stock Market Education
HotStockMarket › Forums › Stock Market How To › Stock Market Education › Ameritrade's Strategy Desk (multiple scans?)