I agree TZ but this mess coming from the US is going to take down more than people suspect. Right now I would stay with a Canadian bank. They are backed by the government so we know they aren't going anywhere... Good article last week by Jim Sinclair that warned to move money out of these kind of institutions.http://www.jsmineset.com/ARhome.asp?...ighstr=&UArts=
Despite this, the clear majority of you are whistling Dixie as Rome burns. How in the world can you be so complacent?
1. Take delivery of your share investments as paper certificates.
2. Exit all Internet financial entities. You can always go back.
3. Do not warehouse your bullion coins at unregulated coin dealers. Demand prompt delivery.
4. For peace of mind reduce, if not eliminate, all debt.
5. As far as possible reduce if not eliminate fiduciaries and/or agents between yourself and your assets.
6. Will the next shut down of redemptions be your annuities? Examine the portfolio that the annuity holds asking the question “do these positions fit the present financial conditions?” If they do not then redeem your annuity and place the Funds in Swiss and Cando short term Federal Treasury bills.
7. Be very careful of your local banks. Cash in CDs regardless of interest rate penalties. Go the Cando and Swiss T Bill route.
8. Who owes you money? Take less for immediate repayment.
9. Keep some cash at home.
10. 45% in gold insures the whole.
Do some of the above, please. I care even if you do not via no action!!