So here is the story. I took a two weeks vacation to visit some relatives in Canada. I did a google search and realized the Conforce head office is only 15 mins drive from the house.
I called the Conforce number for two days, no one answered the phone. So I decided to just drive over and check the place out without an appointment. I took my cousin with me so she can take some pictures.
Opened the Conforce door, a guy named Mike was working in his office. I told him I am a shareholder, I think that kinda got him by surprise that a shareholder would be crazy enough to just walk in like that. He does the finances for Conforce, but he does not work for Conforce. He takes care of the SEC filing. Marino was out for lunch and won't be back until an hour later. I agreed to come back later.
Came back around 2:30PM. Sure enough Marino and Joseph were in a smaller meeting room having a discussion. They were looking over some design documents. Marino told me to give him 10 mins to finish up while I waited in the bigger meeting room.
Marino, Joseph, and Mike came in with big smile on their faces. I apoloized for not making an appointment (no one answered the phone!), Marino said, "The only thing that matters is that you are here. Do you want an espresso?" I told him I just had lunch so no thanks. Marino really wanted me to have an espresso, so we went to the back of the office where an espresso bar was located. Guess what? The bar top was made out of EKO-FLOR material. "Go ahead, spill your coffee." lol
Marino made coffee for everyone. We had small talks. Kathryn Saliani
was there. We shook hands, small talks.
What was originally planned as a "Hi and Bye" visit turned into a 2 hour crash course on EKO-FLOR instructed by professor Marino himself. I can tell Marino was very excited about meeting shareholders (especially when he heard I came all the way from San Francisco), and had a lot to say about the company. Many of the details I already know from prior reseach.
What I got out of the meeting was actually seeing different EKO-FLOR prototypes in person. What you see in this picture is actually the first prototype of EKO-FLOR. Heavy and solid.http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1221788003
They went back to make it cheaper and lighter, which is what you see here. The "T structure" is tested to be strong enough while being much lighter and cost effective than the original design. (that was part of the delay of the product)http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1221788003
(believe me, it is pretty strong stuff)
I acturally saw a few different prototypes of EKO-FLOR, but forgot to take pictures of them (or was not allowed to take pictures due to patent issues). I wanted to share details of some of the designs that they are working on, and what customers request that they improve on (redesign that delayed the process). But I am not very sure if I should be sharing this information in public.
Here are a few issues we touch up on:
- The audit. They are still working on the audit, and Marino "wants" it to be done by the end of the month. Auditors needed information about the Transfer Agent to confirm the outstanding share information, this is where we stand now. Mike mentioned that once the statements are given to the SEC, they'll reply with questions. It should be approved within 60 days of filing. Then they can get to a new exchange and hopefully get more captial. The filing will be public information. I have a feeling it'll take longer.
- Military Contact. The military had change of plans, things need to be approved. Marino did not get into too much details about the contracts (who knows if I am not actually working for the Chinese lol), but did explain the needs for the US military for container floor upgrades. No, it has nothing to do with bomb protection (I just had to ask).
- The lawyer. If he gets into the way, they'll fire him. But for now, since they are in the process of filing for the SEC, it would be better not change lawyer unless it is absolutely necessary.
- While we talked. Joseph had to leave early since he will be flying to the US tomorrow. I looked out the window to the parking lot and saw him took a piece of yellowish/greenish floor (or floor like object) with him to his car. I didn't ask what it was.
- I got their cell phone numbers. Marino requests that I do not share it with the public, since he actually got people calling his house three times and that freaked out his wife. If he had to change his cell number, customers can't reach him.
- Marino got pictures of his two sons and little girl in his office.
- Joseph's son goes to a high school around the area.
- They don't know why no one answered the phone. Marino called the office number from his cell and it works just fine. Kathryn leaves at 4pm so don't expect her to answer after 4pm.
- Marino does not like people taking "cheap shots" at him on e mails.
- Marino wishes shareholders would just visit more often.
- Marino is 44 years old (I don't even remember how that came up in the conversation).
- I gave Marino my business card. I got back to the house (canada), and my co-worker from the US called me and said Conforce called. I guess they really wanted to confirm that I don't work for the Chinese. lol (no, I don't think thats the reason, I hope.)
I can't thnk of anything else to share right now. I did not prepare any questions for the meeting.