or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NUAN - Nuance comm. - Page 5

post #81 of 179

Keep on moving up that Ipad 3 announcement is going to send NUAN back above $30...

post #82 of 179

I think what's driving it at the moment is that people are starting to recognize that anything having to do with speech recognition goes through NUAN.  EVI (I think that's what it's called; it's Siri's main competitor right now) uses the technology.  SIRI is entirely Nuance's, so they've got it from that angle.  Dragon Go is a slimmed down version of Siri, and that's obviously NUAN's.  So no matter who comes out on the mobile phone virtual assistant arena, NUAN wins. 

 

Couple that with the recent announcement that they signed with T-Mobile for their voicemail to text program and the news that Panasonic will be using NUAN for their upcoming smart TV's, and the wind is definitely at the sails of this company.  The iPad 3 thing is almost an afterthought.

post #83 of 179

I also started a small position here. I think these new deals plus new products that are coming out will generally help Nuance. The Ipad3, iphone 5, and and Apple Tv will help them a great deal.

post #84 of 179

Did anyone catch Jim Cramers lightning round where he said to sell this stock?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000075929

 

post #85 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmo35 View Post

Did anyone catch Jim Cramers lightning round where he said to sell this stock?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000075929

 



Now I *know* I'm in!

post #86 of 179
That guy tells the opposite of everything and he actually studered about saying it since he knows it's going places.
post #87 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialDD View Post

That guy tells the opposite of everything and he actually studered about saying it since he knows it's going places.


I don't think it's that.  I think he genuinely believes it's a bad equity.  I also know that he doesn't understand the technologies behind the things he talks about.

 

This guy rides Apple's jock every day of the week, talking about how Siri is the greatest thing ever.  Well, what is Siri?  Voice recognition software.  What did he say about Nuance?  "I don't like voice recognition software".  Well, which one is it, money man?

 

I recall back in 2010 I watched an episode that happened to be on at work where he told some guy to stay away from SWI @ around $17 because it was a "cloud play" (in actuality it's the exact opposite of a cloud play), and that people should buy CRM @ something like $130.  I immediately loaded up on SWI - hard.  Fast forward to today and SWI is sitting at just under 40, while CRM is at about 143.  He hated BIDU following its split to 66.  He slammed his bear button all over the place anytime someone even uttered the word FFIV.  He hopped on the Skyworks train at about 35, well after it left the station.  The guy's record on technology stocks, AAPL aside, is horrendous.  If he says a tech stock is going down, it's going up.

post #88 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintious View Post



I don't think it's that.  I think he genuinely believes it's a bad equity.  I also know that he doesn't understand the technologies behind the things he talks about.

 

This guy rides Apple's jock every day of the week, talking about how Siri is the greatest thing ever.  Well, what is Siri?  Voice recognition software.  What did he say about Nuance?  "I don't like voice recognition software".  Well, which one is it, money man?

 

I recall back in 2010 I watched an episode that happened to be on at work where he told some guy to stay away from SWI @ around $17 because it was a "cloud play" (in actuality it's the exact opposite of a cloud play), and that people should buy CRM @ something like $130.  I immediately loaded up on SWI - hard.  Fast forward to today and SWI is sitting at just under 40, while CRM is at about 143.  He hated BIDU following its split to 66.  He slammed his bear button all over the place anytime someone even uttered the word FFIV.  He hopped on the Skyworks train at about 35, well after it left the station.  The guy's record on technology stocks, AAPL aside, is horrendous.  If he says a tech stock is going down, it's going up.


I agree with you on the whole SIRI deal. I watch about 10-15 minutes of his show daily just to see what he has to talk about. I remember a few shows where he talked about SIRI like it was the love of his life! I kind of flipped out when he said not to buy NUAN when he speaks soo greatly of SIRI.

post #89 of 179

RUMOR ALERT! APPLE TO BUY OUT NUAN!!!

 

They were talking about it today on CNBC as I say BUY THE RUMOR SELL THE NEWS!!!

post #90 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialDD View Post

RUMOR ALERT! APPLE TO BUY OUT NUAN!!!

 

They were talking about it today on CNBC as I say BUY THE RUMOR SELL THE NEWS!!!



It'll never happen.  It's just talking haircut chatter.  This type of "rumor" (if you can even call it that, since the people who are saying it are the ones who made up the rumor in the first place) circulates pretty much every year.  You'll see tons of articles about it last May, some more in 2010, etc.

 

There's insider information out there that Apple actually did try to buy them @ $50 a share last year and got turned down flat.  It's just not going to happen.

post #91 of 179

Well, Apple is sitting on a ton of cash and buying NUAN to them would be like me being a new laptop. However, I'm not sure if Apple wants to put all of NUAN's products behind its brand. Who knows. Rumors don't need facts to make some money though.

post #92 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbaonthedais View Post

Well, Apple is sitting on a ton of cash and buying NUAN to them would be like me being a new laptop. However, I'm not sure if Apple wants to put all of NUAN's products behind its brand. Who knows. Rumors don't need facts to make some money though.



The capital group that essentially owns Nuance isn't selling.  They know what they're sitting on.  Can't buy something if the owner won't sell.

post #93 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintious View Post



The capital group that essentially owns Nuance isn't selling.  They know what they're sitting on.  Can't buy something if the owner won't sell.

if there was something to this rumor it would have seen more of a reaction and more volume so i wouldnt put much weight in it
post #94 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1612 View Post


if there was something to this rumor it would have seen more of a reaction and more volume so i wouldnt put much weight in it


True, I love how before an announcement like that comes out there's a ton of volume and the price jumps. But rarely do you hear any accusations of insider trading.

post #95 of 179

I loaded up today.  Hard.

post #96 of 179

Acquired Transcend this morning, solidifying their position in the medical recording field.   NUAN up 3% on the news.  Transcend up 40%.

 

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/NUAN.O/key-developments/article/2496232

post #97 of 179

Double bottom happening getting ready here!

post #98 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmo35 View Post

Did anyone catch Jim Cramers lightning round where he said to sell this stock?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000075929

 



 

dang i wish i could get in on this now.

post #99 of 179

keep selling guys.

post #100 of 179

Actually the volume was really less today and the selling seems to almost be dried up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home