or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX › FSLR - First Solar Inc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FSLR - First Solar Inc - Page 6

post #101 of 1007
SPWR is up $9.25 or about 6%. Not 30%, but I'll take it.
post #102 of 1007
If only you would have bought 10 of the NOV 195's for under $2.00 yesterday.....Probably will open over $30.....a 15-20 bagger.
post #103 of 1007
FSLR First Solar: Upgrade details

CIBC upgraded FSLR to Outperform from Sector Perform and set a $230 tgt following 3Q earnings on 11/7. The firm says FSLR has proved its ability to rapidly replicate facilities through its "copy smart" program, which will translate to similar ramp scheds for Malaysia, while also reducing inter-fab start time. Mgmt is trying to provide greater transparency to actual capacity when new facilities come online, but they continue to believe that it is being conservative with throughput and efficiency gains.
post #104 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
Upside was huge too.
Obviously ....This one is still a good play going forward...also look at Evergreen solar, LDK
post #105 of 1007
First Solar: Continues flawless execution; tgt raised to $230 - AmTech

AmTech notes FLSR reported a blow out Sept quarter rev number of $159 mln (consensus $120.4 mln), and significantly better than expected pro-forma EPS of $0.49 (consensus $0.19). Meaningful production out of Germany in Sept helped boost margin performance significantly. While firm is increasing their rev ests, the leverage from significantly higher throughput and higher efficiencies is driving earnings much more quickly than anticipated. Despite the positive earnings report, and while acknowledging their misjudgment in missing FSLR, firm maintains their NEUTRAL rating at this point due to the recent move in shares combined with current valuation. Firm raises their tgt to $230 from $114.
post #106 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by khld View Post
FSLR First Solar: Upgrade details

CIBC upgraded FSLR to Outperform from Sector Perform and set a $230 tgt following 3Q earnings on 11/7.
Gee, that would have been helpful YESTERDAY. These expert analyzers are worthless. That target will get blown by in a week.
post #107 of 1007
LDK now becomes an interesting play. They have been whacked hard, down 50%, for some seemingly minor accounting discrepancies. They can report earnings any time now. If they report strong they could rebound really nicely and start soaring like the other solar stocks.
post #108 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
LDK now becomes an interesting play. They have been whacked hard, down 50%, for some seemingly minor accounting discrepancies. They can report earnings any time now. If they report strong they could rebound really nicely and start soaring like the other solar stocks.
Exactly!
post #109 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
Gee, that would have been helpful YESTERDAY. These expert analyzers are worthless. That target will get blown by in a week.
I know! we might as well see $230 today, given the potential upside for this stock, plus 37% short interest. They will get blown away today
post #110 of 1007
holy
post #111 of 1007
Serious profit taking now...i don't blame them
post #112 of 1007
you think you've seen it all and you see this.........amazing
post #113 of 1007
I was watching the stock 2 days ago when it was trading around 150's range and I almost bought a handful of shares, however, I hesitated and now look at these blowout numbers ... oh well maybe next time
post #114 of 1007
210 and 220 calls
post #115 of 1007
Could be a good time to pick up some shares to enjoy the rebound.
post #116 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
Could be a good time to pick up some shares to enjoy the rebound.
Bought NOV 220 calls @ $19....already $28.....stock was about +45, now it is plus $60
post #117 of 1007
Nice lucky!

Already surpassing that 230 target
post #118 of 1007
calls are tourching!!!!!!!
post #119 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
Bought NOV 220 calls @ $19....already $28.....stock was about +45, now it is plus $60
Actually DEC calls....I've stopped buying NOV calls. Getting too close to expiration.
post #120 of 1007
i've mapped the monster......I love the mkt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX › FSLR - First Solar Inc