or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › Stock Market Intraday Chat: Apr 9th - 13th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stock Market Intraday Chat: Apr 9th - 13th - Page 11

post #201 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylestt View Post

of course, not arguing that. But do you not, as a trader, learn to take profits and move on? I can bet you none of the folks with their entire portfolio in Apple long, have an exit strategy. Obviously so far it hasn't hurt them. But the market will humble everyone, who has it not humbled?


Maybe they do.  Maybe they don't.  I don't know how we could possibly know that.  However, we keep pumping previous profits in AAPL back into it as we day trade it so we don't exactly move on either.

 

post #202 of 586

TVIX on a roll today. I hate myself for selling them 100 weekly SPY $138 PUTS at $.70 yesterday which are now at $1.98 mad.gif

post #203 of 586

gld doing better than slv for the past few days, i guess people are still scared of silver which means if/when it pops it will do it quickly. 

post #204 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post

TVIX on a roll today. I hate myself for selling them 100 weekly SPY $138 PUTS at $.70 yesterday which are now at $1.98 mad.gif

May is only 11% premium, it is soon to be front month, but that contango that was epic/historic last month has been seriously narrowed. A few have tweeted about possible near-term backwardation, which would provide a seemingly incomprehensible arbitrage on TVIX/UVXY longs! A few weeks ago I would have locked you up in the asylum for suggesting it.

Landslide underway!!
post #205 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post

Usually when we open down below -110 we add and continue to add to -135 to -145 and if we pass -145 then we dip below -200. Let's see what happens today. Hate myself for not buying them weekly SPY puts last week mad.gif



The old once we dip past -145 we head to -200 and possible -200+

post #206 of 586

1360-1340 is the lowest we can go i believe.. so to me this would be the bottom.

 

post #207 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

1360-1340 is the lowest we can go i believe.. so to me this would be the bottom.

 



I am looking at all the buying that is taking place on the SPY puts below $135 for both weekly and monthly and volume is quite big. Makes me think we could go even lower.hmm.gif

post #208 of 586
i agree with 1340-1360
post #209 of 586

ya but you dont know if those are covers or what.. so the volume could be indicative of closing positions.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post



I am looking at all the buying that is taking place on the SPY puts below $135 for both weekly and monthly and volume is quite big. Makes me think we could go even lower.hmm.gif



 

post #210 of 586

If we clear that -200 we will see -220 and if we clear -237 we most likely will see -280 today eek.gif

post #211 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

ya but you dont know if those are covers or what.. so the volume could be indicative of closing positions.

 



 



True.. Wish there was a more clear way to know.

post #212 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

1360-1340 is the lowest we can go i believe.. so to me this would be the bottom.

 



Ya, that's what I charted earlier as well.

post #213 of 586

possible scenario..

 

spx.PNG

post #214 of 586

looking at the /es, I think we can bounce from here in the tomorrow due to the support at 1358

post #215 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

1360-1340 is the lowest we can go i believe.. so to me this would be the bottom.

 



We broke through the channel so this possibly could be a sign of capitulation? There is also the possibility that we bounce back up into the channel?

 

 

 

SPX.png

post #216 of 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Game View Post



We broke through the channel so this possibly could be a sign of capitulation? There is also the possibility that we bounce back up into the channel?

 

 

 

SPX.png


We have a winner!  Good looking chart Money Game!

 

post #217 of 586
now this week is more like it finally biggrin.gif
post #218 of 586
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1612 View Post

now this week is more like it finally biggrin.gif

indeed wink.gif

post #219 of 586

Watch the spike in TVIX.... sorry have been too busy offlate....

 

US fed wants to stop shallow banking.... so dumb to understand it now.... there is 2.3trillion M0 money supply and 800 trillion worth of derivatives 2guns.gif

post #220 of 586

Rick Santorum to suspend campaign live feed

 

 

Live press conference going on now   http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/2012-elections

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stock Market Today
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › Stock Market Intraday Chat: Apr 9th - 13th