or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › Stock Market Intraday Chat: Mar 5th - 9th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stock Market Intraday Chat: Mar 5th - 9th - Page 4

post #61 of 985
“The target is one thing, the real growth rate is another. I am projecting 8.6 percent real GDP growth for this year,” Shen Jianguang, Chief Asia-Pacific Economist with Mizuho Securities told CNBC on Monday.

From 2004 onwards China has had a growth target of 7-8 percent, but the average real growth rate has been 10 percent, Shen said. In 2011, China grew 9.2 percent, surpassing the official target of 8 percent.
post #62 of 985


ya.. oh well.. guess big money wins everything. all i know is ppl are getting let go left & right where i work but we still makin 52 week highs from "positive economic data" e.g. cmg, azo, pcln, etc... kinda pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post


Not sure if this is the beginning of the drop or a trap to lure in bears to get trapped with the gap up tomorrow. Recently this is how it has been played with a small drop to lure in the bears only to be followed by a gap up or some zig zagging to squeeze shorts with PUT positions as their positions decay.

 



 

post #63 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post


ya.. oh well.. guess big money wins everything. all i know is ppl are getting let go left & right where i work but we still makin 52 week highs from "positive economic data" e.g. cmg, azo, pcln, etc... kinda pisses me off.



 



Retail sales here in Taipei where I am at are pretty bad as well and they were usually never this bad.Most retail shops here in Taipei are either empty or have people inside just window shopping. No one is really spending any money these days. Only thing people are buying is an iPhone lol..

 

Nine.jpgphoto.JPG

post #64 of 985

Quote:

Originally Posted by tones View Post

mods is it possible to start a weekly "bullish/bearish" poll to accompany this thread? just an idea.. would be interesting


Yeah don't know what the capabilities of the forum template are, but a small weekly & monthly poll on the right side on the area where the tags, recent reviews, etc. are located could be interesting. 

 

post #65 of 985

Quote:

Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post

Retail sales here in Taipei where I am at are pretty bad as well and they were usually never this bad.Most retail shops here in Taipei are either empty or have people inside just window shopping. No one is really spending any money these days. Only thing people are buying is an iPhone lol..

 

 

 

Don't know how it is in Asia after the holidays. I know here where I live after Christmas shopping, which is a pretty big event, people cut back on the crazy spending. I think February is one of the slowest months so they put out a lot of rebates, probably the best time to buy for people who could hold out from Christmas.
 

 

post #66 of 985

ya ive suggested this before, and even 2 weeks ago i think, but apparently people dont notice/care.. or there are inherit issues behind that as perception change so fast in this thread.

 

Also could be there are other polls floating around which are similar.
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmejia View Post

Quote:


Yeah don't know what the capabilities of the forum template are, but a small weekly & monthly poll on the right side on the area where the tags, recent reviews, etc. are located could be interesting. 

 



 

post #67 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

ya ive suggested this before, and even 2 weeks ago i think, but apparently people dont notice/care.. or there are inherit issues behind that as perception change so fast in this thread.


lol, maybe we could also add in an hourly sentiment poll.

 

post #68 of 985

-16 lol.. Here we are almost green again  popcorn.gif They just won't let it drop. They want more people to be buying so that they can sell but from what we have been seeing these days is that there are no big moves up so this means that the big boys are not buying these days and the little guys are not really buying either. With the ups and downs it is mostly day traders trading up and down these days. Takes one big firm to pull the plug and down we go. One firm to buy and up we go. Not much resistance either way the way I see it.

post #69 of 985

lol how about per tick,just get it over with..biggrin.gif

I dunno better to let sleeping dogs lie, than to have one i think and could get confusing..


but would be nice to have it linked to the persons name, so you can see how they voted, and cant switch lol.

then again that wouldnt be anonymous then.

 

see the question inst so simple  :)

I think if a poll is added, could be something like "what do you think the jobs number will be" things going on in the market rather than are you bearish bullish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmejia View Post


lol, maybe we could also add in an hourly sentiment poll.

 



 

 


Edited by mjoke - 3/5/12 at 8:41am
post #70 of 985

Any of you guys can start a new thread and make it a poll. Tie the title in with this intrady thread or whatever else you wish to name it.

post #71 of 985

wm.gif

post #72 of 985

looks like those MA calls i have are going to start the day off with a bang.

post #73 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internationalstocks View Post

-16 lol.. Here we are almost green again  popcorn.gif They just won't let it drop. They want more people to be buying so that they can sell but from what we have been seeing these days is that there are no big moves up so this means that the big boys are not buying these days and the little guys are not really buying either. With the ups and downs it is mostly day traders trading up and down these days. Takes one big firm to pull the plug and down we go. One firm to buy and up we go. Not much resistance either way the way I see it.

 

They can't just "pull the plug".  Their positions are too sizable.  It's not like us when we want to bail on a bad trade with a market order.
 

 

post #74 of 985
Thread Starter 

GS giving some back after that big +5% run

post #75 of 985
Thread Starter 

VIX +6%

Its about time it moved

 

post #76 of 985
$IBM only thing saving me today
post #77 of 985

Silver looking somewhat weak, looking like it will break before it will pop, but still holding small SLV position for now

post #78 of 985
Thread Starter 

Materials sector the weakest here, transports back to the lows of last week.

 

Things may be get redder for a change!

post #79 of 985

Wild ride is going on in SHLD. It is being manipulated like a penny stock, one should not trust any TA on this one. They can easily fake it to look like it is dropping to attract short sellers and then bid it up. I exited puts when it was at 67 and not gonna play it again for time being.

post #80 of 985

AMZN showing strength here. Up over 1% while AAPL is up barely 0.2%.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stock Market Today
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › Stock Market Intraday Chat: Mar 5th - 9th