or Connect
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › CRAZY gains thread..1000% gainers or more. (options)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CRAZY gains thread..1000% gainers or more. (options) - Page 32

post #621 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by o7media View Post



duh.gif


If you want we can just backtest this idea on as many stocks as you want you will get definite proof that you are wrong. If you consider the MA 100 factor so important to enter a trade that is fine. Let me know you exit rules and I will test it for you on 500 stocks. Does it work? Please don’t tell me that you have to incorporate other 50 rules. In this case your 100 MA setup is not important.

post #622 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by investgreen View Post


If you want we can just backtest this idea on as many stocks as you want you will get definite proof that you are wrong. If you consider the MA 100 factor so important to enter a trade that is fine. Let me know you exit rules and I will test it for you on 500 stocks. Does it work? Please don’t tell me that you have to incorporate other 50 rules. In this case your 100 MA setup is not important.



Go back and read my original post about it......obviously you didn't understand it.

 

edit: and your "just because" reasoning is worse than thinking the 100 ma isn't important. i suggest you study TA more.

post #623 of 1205

Oh c'mon guys .... everyone knows that like the RSI is like the golden ticket and stuff.

 

P.S. .... those MSFT 31 weekly calls were baggers today.  They were .03 at the EOD of yesterday and hit a high of .15

 

I traded the stock instead for some dumbass reason haha.

post #624 of 1205

 

I did get it. The problem is I did studied TA which is not science but some sort of esoteric. I did pass 3 and 34 series NFA   exams and I do know what I'm talking about.

Sorry let us talk about facts not opinions. Let us learn something new. Your single statement contained two inconsistent ideas to go long and show and you have no probability for each of these cases.

post #625 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by investgreen View Post

 

I did get it. The problem is I did studied TA which is not science but some sort of esoteric. I did pass 3 and 34 series NFA   exams and I do know what I'm talking about.

Sorry let us talk about facts not opinions. Let us learn something new. Your single statement contained two inconsistent ideas to go long and show and you have no probability for each of these cases.



My single statement did not say to go long...again, you didn't understand what I wrote. I clearly said NFLX is still bearish, I'm not sure what you're not understanding with that statement?

 

However, the 100 ma will act as support which it clearly bounced off of today. Your statement had no direction at all on the stock..you simply said the 100 ma is irrelevant and today the stock is up "just because".

 

Great TA!!!!! ....... >> THAT'S SARCASM BY THE WAY IN CASE YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT EITHER.

post #626 of 1205

star-wars-gif.gif

post #627 of 1205
Thread Starter 

dam it when do they touch! im waiting..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post

star-wars-gif.gif



 

post #628 of 1205

 

I will post 3 ideas I think are not bad a day. Does it work? I will try rationale it. TA is useless by definition so I will use logic and my 7 years experience.

post #629 of 1205

 

2guns.gif2guns.gifYeah, I might burn on this one but I'm sticking to my guns here.. nice chart off of chart.ly

 

twvjb5d.png

 

 

NFLX.. could end up being different story but I'm staying with my views on these two even with the pain today.

 

post #630 of 1205


So I guess reading chicken bones is the way to go then...?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by investgreen View Post

I will post 3 ideas I think are not bad a day. Does it work? I will try rationale it. TA is useless by definition so I will use logic and my 7 years experience.



 

post #631 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFart View Post


So I guess reading chicken bones is the way to go then...?
 



 



No, just listen to CNBC and read the news. You'll be golden that way. rotfl.gif

post #632 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFart View Post


So I guess reading chicken bones is the way to go then...?



laughing.gif uhh yeah I stopped paying attention to him after he said TA is useless...but at the same time he was posting those links to charts with TA duh.gif

post #633 of 1205

Just a personal opinion, but it's been in my experience over the last 4-5 months that options volume can help us sniff these multi-baggers out, especially when in the face of the right setup.  I think it would be cool if people posted any "unusual" volume they see amassing during the day on a strike for any particular stock/etf.   

post #634 of 1205
Thread Starter 

there is a flaw on options volume as you cannot tell the side of the trade. ya vol and open int helps.. but just like price and volume, doesnt tell then entire story. JMO.  More so ETF options and underlying stock price and volume of the stock can be manipulated to where the data may seem this way, but its really that.

I stay away from ETF options.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post

Just a personal opinion, but it's been in my experience over the last 4-5 months that options volume can help us sniff these multi-baggers out, especially when in the face of the right setup.  I think it would be cool if people posted any "unusual" volume they see amassing during the day on a strike for any particular etf.   

 


Edited by mjoke - 4/12/12 at 10:18pm
post #635 of 1205
Thread Starter 

wow someone has 7 years lol.. guess he thinks no one else has more years under their belt.

Looking forward to those for sure plays based on the chicken bones.

post #636 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

there is a flaw on options volume as you cannot tell the side of the trade. ya vol and open int helps.. but just like price and volume, doesnt tell then entire story. JMO.  More so ETF options and underlying stock price and volume of the stock can be manipulated to where the data may seem this way, but its really that.

I stay away from ETF options.


Again, it's in the context of the setup and background strength or lackthereof when it comes to the particular stock.  I haven't traded ETF options so I prolly shouldn't have mentioned it anyways.  In my experience with the setups I trade, unusual options volume can and often is the tail that wags the dog.

 

post #637 of 1205
Thread Starter 

ya ya i think we are saying the same thing... Again,.. i said underlying stock price and volume associated which is the same thing you are saying BUT im not just relying on options volume, when that is indicative of underlying attributes in the stock. Same thing in essence.. options do not rise or fall on their own.

Ya i dont feel like ETF fees.. i pay enough.

 

I tend to go for the ones which have the run up in premium when the stock twitches closer to the price but still pretty far OTM.

Closer strikes dont behave the way we want at times.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post


Again, it's in the context of the setup and background strength or lackthereof when it comes to the particular stock.  I haven't traded ETF options so I prolly shouldn't have mentioned it anyways.  In my experience with the setups I trade, unusual options volume can and often is the tail that wags the dog.

 

 

post #638 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

ya ya i think we are saying the same thing... Again,.. i said underlying stock price and volume associated which is the same thing you are saying BUT im not just relying on options volume, when that is indicative of underlying attributes in the stock. Same thing in essence.. options do not rise or fall on their own.

Ya i dont feel like ETF fees.. i pay enough.

 

I tend to go for the ones which have the run up in premium when the stock twitches closer to the price but still pretty far OTM.

Closer strikes dont behave the way we want at times.

 

Word.

 

I'm gonna post them when I see them.  Actually just found my way upon one as I was scouring tickers from previous creek trades over the last few months.

 

rZ2eM.png

 

 

post #639 of 1205
Thread Starter 

yeah i would see that as someone selling and buying another strike in another month.

No applicable value going long there when its already deep ITM.  to me aleast.. I dont like selling options either.

 

im holding some gambles for tomorrow.. and then options exp next week.

post #640 of 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoke View Post

yeah i would see that as someone selling and buying another strike in another month.

No applicable value going long there when its already deep ITM.  to me aleast.. I dont like selling options either.

 

im holding some gambles for tomorrow.. and then options exp next week.



Hmmmm .....I hear what you're saying.  Just thought it was interesting given that there are only two options for calls and there was no change in premiums today.  

 


Edited by Rock Sexton - 4/12/12 at 11:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Stock Market Today
HotStockMarket › Forums › HSM Stock Forum › Stock Market Today › CRAZY gains thread..1000% gainers or more. (options)