or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZNGA - Zynga Inc

post #1 of 415
Thread Starter 

chart.ashx?t=ZNGA&ty=c&ta=1&p=d&s=l

 

 

Who would have guessed that farmville would get this company a $1B valuation? Brilliant!

Zynga files for IPO of up to $1 billion

Social game maker saw revenue, earnings surge in 2010

By Dan Gallagher, MarketWatch

 

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — Zynga Inc. filed for an initial public offering Friday that has the social gaming company seeking to raise as much as $1 billion from investors to continue to build out its booming business.


Fast-growing gaming company Zygna faces questions about how much the company can grow outside of Facebook. Heard on the Street's Rolfe Winkler discusses.

 

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Zynga didn’t spell out a proposed offering-price range or number of shares to be included in the deal. The company also didn’t specify on which exchange it intends to list its shares.

If completed, Zynga’s IPO would be the latest debut of a high-profile online social-networking company this year. LinkedIn (NYSE:LNKD)  completed its IPO in late May, and Groupon Inc. has since filed its own papers for a deal expected to be executed later this year.

 

Zynga, which makes popular Facebook games such as “FarmVille” and “CityVille,” saw revenues surge nearly 400% to $597.5 million in 2010 and reported a net profit of $90.6 million for the year. Earnings for the first quarter of this year were $11.8 million on revenue of $235.4 million — putting the company on track to surpass the $1 billion mark in revenue this year.

 

Monthly active users as of March 31 totaled 236 million — flat with the same period the previous year and up 21% from the end of December.

post #2 of 415

It'll be 3-4 billion on the first day is my prediction~~~

post #3 of 415

short short short

post #4 of 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze20001984 View Post

short short short


instead of just putting "short short short" why not give an explanation as to why you feel this way. 

 

post #5 of 415

bc they make facebook games!!! that simple..i jus hope the price has a hugeee jump..like linkd in...

 

 

 

post #6 of 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22urbo View Post




instead of just putting "short short short" why not give an explanation as to why you feel this way. 

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ze20001984 View Post

bc they make facebook games!!! that simple..i jus hope the price has a hugeee jump..like linkd in...

 

 

 



who could argue w/ such an awesome analysis.. now thats what i call doing your dd

post #7 of 415

I think the fact that their market cap will place them as the second largest video game studio has to give the IPO some credit.

 

The only reason anyone is saying short is because of Pandora's spectacular fail for first day buyers - but they had revenues where the profit margin shrunk as revenue grows - how did anyone buy that? Conversely, Zynga is a very real company earning great revenues, with lofty profit margins. 

post #8 of 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock-junkie View Post

I think the fact that their market cap will place them as the second largest video game studio has to give the IPO some credit.

 

The only reason anyone is saying short is because of Pandora's spectacular fail for first day buyers - but they had revenues where the profit margin shrunk as revenue grows - how did anyone buy that? Conversely, Zynga is a very real company earning great revenues, with lofty profit margins. 



Agreed!!!! But I personally still wouldn't buy IPOs. I will just wait for a favorable setup.

post #9 of 415
Thread Starter 

You want to get the biggest bang for your buck, its always most profitable to IPO during buying frenzies, not sell offs like we are having in the market now.

 

(Reuters) - Zynga, the social games maker may delay its plans for an initial public offering until November because of poor market conditions, the New York Post newspaper reported late on Sunday.

The New York Post, citing two sources with knowledge of Zynga's plans, said the company hoped its shares would be listed as soon as possible but is "no longer in a rush because of the rocky stock markets."

 

farmville.png

post #10 of 415

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/02/us-zynga-ipo-idUSTRE7B106920111202

 

$8.50-$10 a share.  Valuation of 9 billion.

 

Still not touching it.  I know a number of people who work there, and they say it's miserable, and \that most of them are going to walk out the door the moment their options vest.  Kind of hard to keep the machine churning out product if you've got nobody to build the machine.

post #11 of 415
Thread Starter 

Should be soon

 

Zynga to begin trading on Nasdaq after $10 IPO

NEW YORK (AP) — Investors will get the chance to reap "Farmville's" harvest on Friday, as shares of online game developer Zynga Inc. start trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

The San Francisco company, which specializes in Facebook games, priced its initial public offering late Thursday at $10 per share, raising $1 billion. That makes it the largest Internet-related IPO since Google Inc. went public in 2004, raising $1.4 billion.

post #12 of 415

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintious View Post

Still not touching it.  I know a number of people who work there, and they say it's miserable, and \that most of them are going to walk out the door the moment their options vest.  Kind of hard to keep the machine churning out product if you've got nobody to build the machine.

 

Don't they buy games from other companies? With enough capital they could just buy "machines" rather than create in-house, milk it, then burn it all to the ground, bwahahaha profit.
 

 

post #13 of 415
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmejia View Post

Quote:

 

Don't they buy games from other companies? With enough capital they could just buy "machines" rather than create in-house, milk it, then burn it all to the ground, bwahahaha profit.
 

 



 

What are you doing here?

 

Shouldnt you be playing SWTOR?

 

 

post #14 of 415
Thread Starter 

11.40 to 9.48 in the opening minute, 10.13 now

post #15 of 415

I read several articles that said that the executives of the company were holding employees "hostage" with their stock.  Here's one for your viewing pleasure:

 

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57322150-17/zynga-to-employees-give-back-our-stock-or-youll-be-fired/
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintious View Post

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/02/us-zynga-ipo-idUSTRE7B106920111202

 

$8.50-$10 a share.  Valuation of 9 billion.

 

Still not touching it.  I know a number of people who work there, and they say it's miserable, and \that most of them are going to walk out the door the moment their options vest.  Kind of hard to keep the machine churning out product if you've got nobody to build the machine.



 

post #16 of 415
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post

I read several articles that said that the executives of the company were holding employees "hostage" with their stock.  Here's one for your viewing pleasure:

 

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57322150-17/zynga-to-employees-give-back-our-stock-or-youll-be-fired/
 



 



Those employees must be dancing in the streets now, I hope they get to keep all their shares.

 

$1B market cap... gimme a break.

post #17 of 415

Wow!  Look at Zynga go!  GREATEST IPO EVAR! laughing.gif

post #18 of 415
Thread Starter 

Its a great deal for the company insiders. Thats about it.

 

post #19 of 415

damnit...there wont be nothing left to short!!

post #20 of 415
Thread Starter 

New lows 9.36

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home