or Connect

Posts by barbellman

So the market has rebounded from the 1350 level in a pretty decent move back up.  Here are some plays I'm eyeing here:     ANF(LONG):   Price: Entry: 50.88 Target: 55-57   Play: Broke out of it's descending trend line I think this could be good for a play up to $55 where it'll meet resistance.  I'm currently in this trade 100 shares I picked up on friday and I'm waiting for it to play out.  It looks like sellers have exhausted out of this name for...
So, this has been a crazy month for me.  Being a new trader I've never traded around a market correction so it's a huge learning experience for me.  Learning about what 'ABC' corrections are.  Looking for volume especially during times like these it's all been really cool.  At the same time I feel like I haven't learned a lot.  Getting into options has been a bit dangerous I've had some great plays and some real losers.  Here are some of the trades at different...
I voted flat myself.  I think this continues for now but everything (even leading stocks) are coming into some major resistance here.  everything is trying to break their year highs and they might do it but I don't think it holds after.  I have some longs i'm playing for a retest for the highs but I have to think the fact that lot of people are going to use this second entry of the highs for the year as a good exit. We're also coming into that time of the year like...
    Nate is doing something very smart here if I had shares I would look at that $595 level too.  Who knows what can happen even with AAPL!  It's holding its gap up pretty decent I mean people are complaining its not moving more it had a 40-50+ earnings gap up! the fact that it hasn't given back half of that move is really damn impressive.  I would've loved to have kept buying puts on AAPL but after a monster move it had and the fact that it's hanging tough I dont know I...
  This is the 4th day of positive A/D means nymo keeps rising, sending NYSI up after its 3 month fall. Nothing but trend buy signals here I've opened up few longs here hedged with some SPY puts from earlier.  I don't know what to think really going to test the waters for now this could turn into one of those trends where you swear it doesn't make any sense the whole time it's rising up until it's too late.      
So GDP is a miss, but the DXY is tanking so the market is going higher.  As a newb I can't make much sense how this is a good thing but trying to make sense of the market isn't a smart thing todo anyway.  I don't know how this doesn't become a problem? would've figured a large gap back down on the futures but.. nothing.    
Someone needs to redo the honey badger video and swap in the market.   Spain downgrade? Market don't care!   haha 
had to close my $138's this morning for break even luckily.  $137's i had to eat loss on.. played some AAPL for quick scalps that worked today.    just picked up very small $139 SPY puts ahead of GDP data 2mrw... too scared to go big either short or long for now
DAX is now way off it's highs from today. Some news: Italian Bond update: sold €8.5B 6mth fiat at 1.77% vs prior auction1.12% Italian business confidence for APR falls to 89.5 vs 91.1 in MAR @zerohedge: European countries now officially in recession: UK, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark, Holland, Czech Republic, Slovenia Earnings: $WM reported Q1 2012 EPS of $0.38, missing estimates by $0.03, Revs of $3.3B slightly beat estimates of $3.2 $UPS...
There was that very obvious rising wedge maybe became too obvious to everyone? Then we couldn't break that floor since from the previous low on 4/10.  Now with todays action (need more confirmation with the next day or two) looks like it might just turn into a chop fest trading up and down between this range.  I like your r/r shorting at this point here mpr to catch a nice 10 points.  I have some puts from the 137 level I have to bail on i dont know if we see that (138s...