or Connect

Posts by Fisch

Thanks for all the help.   I sill don't get this...so essentially, I lose money on the sale (which is my own fault) and then I lose more money once I sell new holdings because I lost money the first time? So basically whenever I sell this final 1000 shares I'm holding, I will lose another $300 (1000 shares X .30)?    (The .30 is the difference of my buy price (.16) and what sharebuilder has me listed at (.46).    It just doesn't make sense. I can understand...
Thanks for the replys...   I made this time line which I think is easier to read than typing it all out...         So I bought a 1000, sold a 1000 (at a loss)...which leaves me with zero shares. Then, less than a month later, I bought 3000 shares.    So why would my selling for a loss make my cost-per-share go up on a brand new buy of shares? So in other words, I sold my original 1000 and lost money....and then I buy a new set (3000 shares) and...
@mas- I looked through the settings, but didn't see anything related to costing method.   @bobk- Yeah..by cost basis I mean avg price per share....so yeah, I think it should be .16 a share and they have me at .46 a share.   The customer service guy put the dates of my transactions in his reply back to me (it's in italics in my original post). Here is a screenshot of my sharebuilder statement shows:     My very 1st SIRI buy was in 10/27/2008, according to...
Thanks for the reply.   You were close. It's Sharebuilder.   I do have the statements from the transactions and it shows 3000 shares bought at .16. I saved it to my computer just in case.
If somebody can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out if my per-share cost basis for a 1,000 shares of SIRI is correct. Here is a breakdown of the history...all totals include commisions....   10/2008- Bought 1000 SIRI at .377 (391.95)   1/2009- Sold 1000 SIRI at .11 (100.85)    2/2009- Bought 3000 SIRI at .16 (494.95)   3/2009- Sold 1000 SIRI at .32 (310.04)   4/2009- Sold 1000 SIRI at .33...
Thanks for the replys.... The majority of my trades are through sogotrade. I also have maybe 10 trades with sharebuilder and 1 or 2 trades with Zecco. I will check out that software that was suggested. I don't think I can import anything from sogotrade into turbotax...it's not in the list. If nothing else works, should I just group everything together under "various" and then take the total of all buys minus all sales....and then subtract everything that...
Hello.... This is my first year filing with stock trades and I can't figure out how to do it. I have around 175 trades for the year....95% of it involves FAS and FAZ (ETFs). There are a few other trades, like with C, FNM, LVS, SIRI, etc. I use turbo tax to prepare my taxes... Do I have to input every single transaction? Will FAS/FAZ trades all count as wash sales since I always buy back into them -win or lose- within 30 days? And if they are all wash sales,...
Is there any potential benefit to buying into FAZ or FAS before the conversion?
Those having trouble with freestockcharts.... use the old address, and it should give you an option to use the old version before it auto redirects to new one. worked for me. its bestfreecharts.com
Well that's what Sogo told me, that my account was flagged as a PDT and then put on restriction. What you said makes more sense though. It happened because I was trying to use up as many of my 100 free trades as possible before my first 30 days was up.